Castlerock v Rosapenna Old Tom Morris Links

Meeksy1

Visit site
Which out of these two courses is better? Planning a trip to North Ireland and don’t have time to play both. If I had to play one, which is better?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd play castlerock out of those two.

Whilst I enjoy the old tom, castlerock is a better course with a great variety of holes.

D

Deleted member 23270

Play Sandy Hills instead, I believe it is the same green fee as the Tom Morris but it is considerably better.

Meeksy1

Visit site
Going to play St Patrick’s & Sandy Hills but have one more day left to play either Castlerock or Old Tom. Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played the three Rosapenna a few weeks ago. Don't know your other option, but sight unseen, I'd probably say go for it. Played O T Morris the third day, and it was a dull letdown compared to the first two. Sandy Hills was really great.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thought Castle Rock was a cracker when I played it. Enjoyed OTM as well, having only played them once apiece and a few years ago I wouldn't be sure but I'd probably go for Castle Rock.

Meeksy1

Visit site
Played the three Rosapenna a few weeks ago. Don't know your other option, but sight unseen, I'd probably say go for it. Played O T Morris the third day, and it was a dull letdown compared to the first two. Sandy Hills was really great.
I’ve played Sandy Hills before and was very impressed by it. Also going to play St Patrick’s links. The gap I have is to play either OTM or Castlerock. Thank for your input. Appreciated.