Castle Stuart update as of 13/10/09

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

below confirmation of who we have had payment from (52) and those who have 'reseved' places pending their cheques arriving (3 more)

so that means we have just 5 places left -

GM1 Mike Harris
GM2
GM3
GM4
GM5
GM6 Jim Mason
Alan Potts
Ivan Martin
Allan Rodger
Mike Dagg
Derek Brien
Martin Lumsden
Phil Medley
Raymond Oliphant
Iain J Gray
Colin Thompson
Steve Clifford
Rob Smith
Dave Harris
Chris Chapple
Stuart Mackenzie
David Boal
Kenny Whyte
Neil Jones
Steve Kemlo
Patrick Sylvester
Stuart Douglas
Crawford Kilpatrick
Alan Minnican
John Findlay
Scott Martin
Pete Sinclair
Gerry Love
Donald Waters
Alan Sutherland
Alan Taylor
Clark Russell
Gavin Howieson
Colin Devine
Nigel Hurst
Dave Canavan
Tommy McLean
Alasdair Irving
Stephen Murray
Alan Davidson
Simon Nelson
Brendy Nelson
Harvey Thomson
Hywel Lloyd
Sam Smith
Alister Asher
David McKie

TBC - cheque in the post
John Boag (Toad)
John Boag +1
Anthony North (forefortheday)

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Something to look forward to and keep us going through the winter!

Recently dug this out on the interweb...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck8q8MsF1e8

Would love a few of these 'chunk bunkers'at Goswick and feel we have a few sites that they would fit in very naturally like the crater at par 3 2nd,crater at par 4 5th and the crater at short par 4 12th.....would be a great design feature IMO.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like these guys have done there homework, a good explanation and history of how bunker design started , not long now :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Did the bunkers put you off JO UK. I thought they were meant to be part of the attraction? :D

Thinned one into the trees out of a fairly normal greenside bunker today, was looking for a birdie 2 ended up with a triple bogey 6. Ruined what was otherwise a good round.

I wouldn't say it put me off really though, my poor quality of play over the entire year did that.

The course looks stunning and with 50+ forumers there the atmosphere will be absolutely electric... and somewhat hungover :D :D

didsbury_duffer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
MikeH,

I believe that a forumer has been trying to get you to visit Goswick Links. I have recently played there on a golfing trip with the lads (our 24th year of visiting various parts of the UK but I won't bore you with a full list ), and can thoroughly recommend the course and the facilities. We also teed it up at Dunstanburgh and Bamburgh, but Goswick was the pick. If you are ever up in that neck of the woods it should be on your 'must play' list.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Showed some of the boys photos of the course tonight and we have decided that a cumulative "camels" event is in order, from group 1 to 15. Winner guaranteed a 7 figure sum, even at 10p a camel.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Showed some of the boys photos of the course tonight and we have decided that a cumulative "camels" event is in order, from group 1 to 15. Winner guaranteed a 7 figure sum, even at 10p a camel.

OK... go on then... what's a camel? (typo removed)

Is it simply adding up how many bunkers you go in and paying into the pot accordingly? or is it for every time you don't get out of a bunker? or how many cumulative shots you have in bunkers? ...or all of these :D

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
OK... go one then... what's a camel?

Simples. In your fourball you count how many bunkers are hit during the round - "a camel". Staying in a bunker counts too. The last person to land in a bunker has to pay each playing partner 10p per camel.

We played it at Nairn last year and one guy had to pay out £6.70 each. Ouch! Was fun to watch on the 18th though with guys weighing up whether to go for a score or putt around a bunker!

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Mike.

Have put a cheque in the post to you today, first class, (for what's it's worth! ) for another one body to join us at both Castle Stuart and Nairn.

Many thanks,

DCB

Visit site
Have we reached the magic number yet ?

There seems to be different people adding things on different posts. Are they all included now ?