Casey or McIntyre in Dubai?

U

User62651

Looks nicely poised for a good 3 way battle tomorrow in Dubai.
Thinking of a flutter on this.
Where would you go - old campaigner Casey or young gun McIntyre?
Is Saffer Stone any good under pressure? Not up with who's who on Tour these days other than McIntyre who is our home town boy and the better known older players.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looks nicely poised for a good 3 way battle tomorrow in Dubai.
Thinking of a flutter on this.
Where would you go - old campaigner Casey or young gun McIntyre?
Is Saffer Stone any good under pressure? Not up with who's who on Tour these days other than McIntyre who is our home town boy and the better known older players.

Isn't McIntyre from your club or area?
He has done amazingly well.
I am normally a good spotter of young golfing talent but I was discussing Bob with my brother last year and said that I think he may be a one or two season wonder.
I think I may be proved seriously wrong.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Would love MacIntyre to do it, he’s barely put a foot wrong since joining the tour. Love listening to him. Can’t really work out if Casey is a good ‘closer’, obviously used to be but would now expect him not to have a great Sunday than the other way round. Think Stone is quite a good bet at 7-1.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My suspicion is Stone will pip the two Brits whilst they deal with the pressure of being the final pair. I hope I'm wrong and McIntyre takes the title. I'm not anti Casey, just pro McIntyre.

U

User62651

Isn't McIntyre from your club or area?
He has done amazingly well.
I am normally a good spotter of young golfing talent but I was discussing Bob with my brother last year and said that I think he may be a one or two season wonder.
I think I may be proved seriously wrong.

Yes, Oban is his home town, folks have a place right on the golf course.
Decent shinty player which must have helped with hand eye co-ordination - hitting a moving ball.
MacIntyre looks to me to have a decent future because he has such a good natural short game and is strong mentally, confident attack strategy prevails.
See how he goes, seems the best Scottish prospect in a long time though. Potentially best since Monty.

U

User62651

Don't get the Mcintyre love in. I don't see anything in him at all. Just don't.

Not a love in, just we've been short of top level players up here for a while. At 24 he's doing something right! Consistently hitting top 10s.
I am a big Casey fan btw, always liked the way he plays.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I was thinking more commentators and such saying he will be on the RC team. That's a big leap.
Some on here don't rate Fitzpatrick for instance, and yet he is way up there in comparison, albeit has clearly been around longer.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't get the Mcintyre love in. I don't see anything in him at all. Just don't.
The way the Sky guys and others, including Harrington, speak about him isn’t for nothing. They’ve seen plenty golfers come and go and they must see something in him. There’s no reason for them to be picking him out, it’s not like he’s an ex pro’s kid or from a high profile club, so I’m inclined to believe it’s a genuine belief that he’s something special so I’m happy to take them at their word and time will no doubt tell.
Backing up rookie of the year with a first tour win and contending at some big events suggests there’s plenty about him as well.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The way the Sky guys and others, including Harrington, speak about him isn’t for nothing. They’ve seen plenty golfers come and go and they must see something in him. There’s no reason for them to be picking him out, it’s not like he’s an ex pro’s kid or from a high profile club, so I’m inclined to believe it’s a genuine belief that he’s something special so I’m happy to take them at their word and time will no doubt tell.
Backing up rookie of the year with a first tour win and contending at some big events suggests there’s plenty about him as well.
Agreed 100%...(bring it on-think he can do it)
Jimbo

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Yes, Oban is his home town, folks have a place right on the golf course.
Decent shinty player which must have helped with hand eye co-ordination - hitting a moving ball.
MacIntyre looks to me to have a decent future because he has such a good natural short game and is strong mentally, confident attack strategy prevails.
See how he goes, seems the best Scottish prospect in a long time though. Potentially best since Monty.
I thought Monty was a Yorkshire man.

U

User62651

Only got 2/1 on Macintyre.
Casey 4/5 on so bookies firmly with him for the W.