Cart bag for a GoKart trolley

Stuey2407

Visit site
I recently bought a GoKart which I have been very happy with it. Up until now I have been using my Sun Mountain carry bag on it. Due to the pronounced foot on the bag I have had to put it on its side and this has worked ok. The only downside is that clubs get tangled as there are only 6 slots and they all fall to the ends of the slots.

I have just bought some new irons and when I collected them today I was looking at the pro shops cart bags. They had some very nice onces but every cart bag had a slot in the bottom designed to sit on the trolleys base arm (is that the right term?). This slot was slightly smaller than the arm on the GoKart so just didn't sit very well. He had bags from quite a few manufacturers and all were the same. In the end I didn't get one.

I had also been looking at GoKarts bag but reluctant to order one without seeing it in the flesh.

It might be possible to make some kind of adapter block to attach to the GoKart. I am going to pop into a few other local pro shops to see if it is possible to get a bag with a flat base.

Are cart bags with slots now a common thing?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a GolfKart mk1 and a Motocaddy cart bag with the slot. The slot fits perfectly on the trolley, stops the bag twisting.

I wonder if Motocaddy have altered the size of the slot on their bags?

If you didn't test a Motocaddy then try to find a shop that has them.

The Fader

Visit site
I have a Druids waterproof cart bag which fits on my GoKart no problem.

Decent price as well and if you bide your time you'll probably get it even cheaper in one of their endless promotions.

Druids - the DFS of the golf world!!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I would recommend the title it’s staydry staff style cart bag. The pocket at the back is amazing. Basically any waterproof bag is better than a normal one though.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A mate has a Ram waterproof cart/trolley bag. Sits on his GoKart perfectly. Seems like fairly good quality, 100% waterproof, and a good price if you look araound.

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have a GoKart Golf Bag for my GoKart trolley. Obviously fits the trolley peerfectly, is well made with plenty of pockets. If you're buying a new bag for your GoKart trolley I'd definitely recommend their own

Stuey2407

Visit site
Having looked at a few bags it was apparent that most do have a slot. In the end I opted for the motocaddy club bag as it seemed good value for money. Then set about designing the adapter
The slot on the bottom
2F7E9A30-CBD5-423E-BD81-8AF87365FDF8.jpeg

How the bag sits
2EE8BB1D-D672-45F1-ADE4-7D107878B5D8.jpeg

The 3d printed adapter
27BEE717-8EBC-4938-9E7E-4388D7E4D049.jpeg

The adapter in place
07279EF1-F375-435F-9FBD-49EC0FFFD2F2.jpeg

The bag on the trolley with the adapter

89D9E658-3363-4EE9-BE3B-62BC5F36B28F.jpeg
I will use some 3m vhb pads to stick it to the adapter to the trolley rather than drill the trolley.
finally one showing how the adapter sits in the slot

33294822-FED8-4C8C-9859-86395E23D5FA.jpeg

Overall I am very pleased with how it has turned out and it should also stop the bag twisting.

Last edited:

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Having looked at a few bags it was apparent that most do have a slot. In the end I opted for the motocaddy club bag as it seemed good value for money. Then set about designing the adapter
The slot on the bottom
View attachment 42851

How the bag sits
View attachment 42852

The 3d printed adapter
View attachment 42853

The adapter in place
View attachment 42854

The bag on the trolley with the adapter

View attachment 42855
I will use some 3m vhb pads to stick it to the adapter to the trolley rather than drill the trolley.
finally one showing how the adapter sits in the slot

View attachment 42856

Overall I am very pleased with how it has turned out and it should also stop the bag twisting.
You should sell that idea, or start selling them yourself. ?

Stuey2407

Visit site
I did seriously contemplate getting their own bag as I know their equipment is well made and backed by great customer service. It was purely that there were other bags that I preferred the styling of. Something that is very subjective I know

Stuey2407

Visit site
Used the new bag on the trolley for the first time yesterday. Worked really well. However noticed that the zip on the water bottle pocket has already fouled on the piping behind the zip and ripped it apart. FFS. I only opened it a couple of times and was gentle so I reckon it was like this when I bought it. Not a good sign.
Will be calling the shop tomorrow and taking it back :) Doesn’t give me a lot of confidence. My sun mountain carry bag as been great.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Used the new bag on the trolley for the first time yesterday. Worked really well. However noticed that the zip on the water bottle pocket has already fouled on the piping behind the zip and ripped it apart. FFS. I only opened it a couple of times and was gentle so I reckon it was like this when I bought it. Not a good sign.
Will be calling the shop tomorrow and taking it back :) Doesn’t give me a lot of confidence. My sun mountain carry bag as been great.
?????

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same here. To be honest with the GoKart quality I'm unsure why you'd not want to purchase their own product
That assumes the trolley is bought first, the bag second. In my case I already had a bag, then bought my GoKart.

The other point is that you can not go into a shop and view the bag, see what is feels like, open the zips etc. You take a leap of faith to an extent with a GoKart bag when you can check out pretty much any other brand in situ.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I have a Druids waterproof cart bag which fits on my GoKart no problem.

Decent price as well and if you bide your time you'll probably get it even cheaper in one of their endless promotions.

Druids - the DFS of the golf world!!
OK I had druids too, and sold it as the slot was too narrow, last year's bag and last year's current model trolley