Carris Trophy

• Thread starter Deleted member 3432
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3432

I'm out on the course at Silloth on Solway this morning doing some ball spotting.

The course is looking incredible, never seen it this good. Fairways are burnt nicely and ball with be running miles. Greens are superb according to guy from EG I spoke to earlier.

Course record of 65 was equaled yesterday and I think it may be in danger today as there is next to no breeze.

9 under leading through 36 holes and cut was at 5 over, some seriously good golf.

D

Deleted member 3432

Fantastic days golf, course record lowered to 63 by one of the Italian lads which included a double bogey.

Cormac Sharpe of Blairgowrie followed his hole in 1 on the 9th yesterday by doing the same on the 16th today.

Warm, mainly windless and some friendly pins made it a great day for scoring and these young golfers certainly delivered.

-11 leads by 1 stroke with 2 lads at -8.

Slightly cooler tomorrow with no wind so should see some low scores again.

D-S

Visit site
We had the Carris Trophy at our Club last year. Fantastic to see the future of golf, really impressive ball striking. The cut off for the ballot was +1.6 and there were 7 players off +7 playing. Our course record was broken when someone shot 63 (par 70 CR71.6). It was won by Harley Smith (who had won the MacGregor he week before, the first person to do this double since Justin Rose) with I think -8.
Great tournament to host and wonderful to see such talent take on your own course, I hope the rest of the tournament goes well.

D

Deleted member 3432

We had the Carris Trophy at our Club last year. Fantastic to see the future of golf, really impressive ball striking. The cut off for the ballot was +1.6 and there were 7 players off +7 playing. Our course record was broken when someone shot 63 (par 70 CR71.6). It was won by Harley Smith (who had won the MacGregor he week before, the first person to do this double since Justin Rose) with I think -8.
Great tournament to host and wonderful to see such talent take on your own course, I hope the rest of the tournament goes well.

They have had great weather, no wind by Silloth standards but still great scoring.
Typically the wind is going to be 20 mph for us on Sunday when we play off same Championship tees and again on Monday when I've got a Club Championship game. Would kill to play in today's conditions....?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the young lads I play with was down this week.
Know his game pretty well but he seemingly struggled around Silloth and missed the cut.
Top scorer is pretty impressive, some of these youngsters can play.
Just a shame some of them get passed by for county/country teams because they live in the wrong places.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Watched it a few years ago at my local course. Was following an Italian lad who wasn't having the best of rounds. His mother was walking round with him and his moaning in her direction was getting louder and more impassioned by the hole.
He completely lost his head on the 11th when he tried to hit it out of the rough through the vee of a tree and it ricocheted back into his face, splitting his lip in 2 different directions, and loosening some teeth.

Springveldt

Visit site
Had a look at the scoreboard on England Golf. Some very talented players out there at such a young age.

Felt for the poor lad in last place who was +35, he must have had a nightmare. Went and checked his club and he's a 0.7 handicap as well, probably the worse two rounds he's played in years.

D

Deleted member 3432

Barely a breath of wind this morning so going to be low scores again.

I'm walking out to the 14th to meet 1st group out, very odd walking down the fairway from greens to tees...

Greens getting cut and ironed on my way down 17

Just started raining ?

D

Deleted member 3432

Well done to Dylan Shaw-Radford of Huddersfield GC who won with a -15 total.

Some seriously impressive golf and totally in control of his game over the back nine.

With the course running so fast a decent wind was needed to ask some more questions of the players as long iron off the tee was order of the day even on the par 5's.