cards for handicap

TeeItHigh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,:whoo:
Am hoping to settle a minor dispute with a playing partner who is also new to the game and am looking for opinions.
we have recently joined a club and have started to play regularly so the course now being off winter tees etc have decided to put our cards in.
So we have played twice so far and marked our cards with another long standing member oo er,
now my mate played to his expected standard but i had two rounds which were both 5 shots lower than i would normally expect to go round in (92 normally) - (86 + 87) now my mate said i don't have to put the cards in as he thinks i would put ma at a disadvantage in comps but i feel that would be wrong as these were the rounds i had. What do you all say? thanks.

TeeItHigh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
mmm i am usually happy to go round between 92 and 96, these were the first times to have ever broken 90 ha,ha but i will definitely put cards in just arguing the issue with my friend and wanted peoples opinions.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
For my own piece of mind I would be putting them in. You have plenty of time to improve on those scores too.

... if your friends sole aim is to win prizes then I can see his point, but for most the game is played to improve upon your handicap :)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you have asked your long standing member to mark a card which is for handicap allocation, then it has got to be submitted.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
Unless you want to operate under the Mexican handicap system - i.e. be a bandit - then put the cards in as they are. That's the point of them!