Cara Banks

D

Deleted member 18588

Well I thought she was more a natural than stirk and didn’t need a bucket of hairspray
Natural would be, I think, the last word I would use to describe her interviewing style.

Mind I agree about the hairspray. Sarah Stirk's coiffure is a thing of wonder to my wife let alone me.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Thought she was pretty good and her little mention of Rory saying 'off camera' that he lost 10-15 lbs every Masters was great. She used to do Golfing World (or whatever it used to be called) years ago before moving to the States

D

Deleted member 18588

Thought she was pretty good and her little mention of Rory saying 'off camera' that he lost 10-15 lbs every Masters was great. She used to do Golfing World (or whatever it used to be called) years ago before moving to the States
And she was equally awful on Golfing World!

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Amanda Balionis did an interview with Tiger and asked him about the 10 on 12 I’ve seen it. Tiger was fine with it and answered with a smile on his face. Maybe this was before the interview with Cara Banks and the green jacket brigade said don’t ask him that again when it was Cara’s turn.

Balionis is excellent at what she does, covers more than golf (or used to anyway) and has a great way with her (thought she handled DJ tearing up very well!). Used to do some short segments on the pga.com website which were great. Re: Stirk, I think the hair is a feature on its own - hopefully it never changes!

4LEX

Visit site
Fake posh accent and questions a 10 year old could ask.

Stirk is good in a dry kind of way. At least they're not asking questions on there knees like Henni Zuel!

Last edited by a moderator:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Surely Banks, Stirk et al are only as good as the questions the programme want screened. I am sure even with limited golf journalistic backgrounds or in TV they would have the nous to come up with something more intelligent than asking Woods about the 10 or other such bland questions. It comes down to simplistic programming