Car dealership and selling tactics

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Allows you to buy a newer, or better spec model for your monthly budget mush.
Peoples greed drives them.
;)

What does my current monthly budget of nothing get me then Smiffy ;) Mine was bought and paid for 6 years ago, still goes like a train, why would I bother changing it? It’s still got a good few years in it yet, and I don’t have to worry too much about where I park it. Unlike a new one where there would be the issue of needing to return it in pristine condition to avoid charges.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Unless we buy a car with cash?

Maybe it wouldn't be a new car though, depending on peoples finances.
True but you have to raise that cash in the first place. Maybe saving a few quid each month? ;)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
See I prefer a bit of the middle ground

Run 2 cars as a family

PCP one at a time via car wow to get discount.. buy it at end of deal then lease another to replace the second car.. once that is paid for replace the first car

New car every 3 years but other car 6 years old

Each to their own

I know people who lease 2 cars! Good luck to them

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Funny.. walked away from the Merc guys as they did not understand that my budget of £250 is not the same as what they offered £375.. Which school did they go to.
Got a call today saying they can offer it for £320!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Funny.. walked away from the Merc guys as they did not understand that my budget of £250 is not the same as what they offered £375.. Which school did they go to.
Got a call today saying they can offer it for £320!!

I had this kind of retarded mathematics with car insurance one year

Got a new insurance company think price was £500

Called current people to say the renewal of £700 would be rejected and cancel my policy please

Ok as your a loyal customer we can do it for £600

Seriously

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Alternatively you could purchase a new car outright and watch your money depreciate by, on average, 22% the moment it leaves the dealer's forecourt.

Personally I lease and have no intention of ever buying a car in the future.

I understand everyone's different, but your point is the exact point why people use Carwow. The fact that X thousands of pounds is already knocked off the price of said car means that in some cases the 22% or a large part of it is already wiped out. Plan B is to buy a car a few months old and again some one else has taken the hit.

That aside, CX-7 had its MOT on Monday, guess which *** reversed into a concrete post foundation and twatted the exhaust. Long story short, it snapped two bolts between the back box and middle box which has two dpf ( diesel particulate filters on it). They said if we cannot get the snapped bolts out you need a new middle section which will cost you topside 1K. £15 later it's sorted inc £5 tip. Thank the Lord.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I understand everyone's different, but your point is the exact point why people use Carwow. The fact that X thousands of pounds is already knocked off the price of said car means that in some cases the 22% or a large part of it is already wiped out. Plan B is to buy a car a few months old and again some one else has taken the hit.

That aside, CX-7 had its MOT on Monday, guess which *** reversed into a concrete post foundation and twatted the exhaust. Long story short, it snapped two bolts between the back box and middle box which has two dpf ( diesel particulate filters on it). They said if we cannot get the snapped bolts out you need a new middle section which will cost you topside 1K. £15 later it's sorted inc £5 tip. Thank the Lord.

Plan C, buy the ex-demonstrator; the two most recent vehicles purchased were both ex-demostrators, the motorbike saved £2,365 against list, or 20%, the car saved in the region of £5,000 or 33%.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Plan C, buy the ex-demonstrator; the two most recent vehicles purchased were both ex-demostrators, the motorbike saved £2,365 against list, or 20%, the car saved in the region of £5,000 or 33%.

I agree on demos or peer-ref. but if you are looking at PCP and finance deals, then you may struggle as vendors do a decent finance deals on new but not on demo or pre Reg

This is where carwow comes in.. currently my bill is showing 14% discount .. I am pretty sure that the price was inflated in the first place but even then it works out competitive against other garages

Btw haven’t agreed to buy it yet. It is still £20 above my monthly budget .. even though it is an A-Class with all the AMG trimmings on it

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I agree on demos or peer-ref. but if you are looking at PCP and finance deals, then you may struggle as vendors do a decent finance deals on new but not on demo or pre Reg

This is where carwow comes in.. currently my bill is showing 14% discount .. I am pretty sure that the price was inflated in the first place but even then it works out competitive against other garages

Btw haven’t agreed to buy it yet. It is still £20 above my monthly budget .. even though it is an A-Class with all the AMG trimmings on it

They do when you threaten to pay cash or walk away. The non-competitive interest rate on Mrs. BiM's car was halved when I told them I'd pay cash or go to the bank because the rate was extortionate, neither of the bike dealers even tried to sell me finance because they know their rates generally aren't.

And I'm never looking at a PCP deal.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They do when you threaten to pay cash or walk away. The non-competitive interest rate on Mrs. BiM's car was halved when I told them I'd pay cash or go to the bank because the rate was extortionate, neither of the bike dealers even tried to sell me finance because they know their rates generally aren't.

And I'm never looking at a PCP deal.

Good point.. but this is where affordability kicks in.

If I want a 50K new Land Rover and have a 5 K deposit.. then PCP would do a balloon payment of 25K .. hence my loan amount is 45-25= 20K and i pay a monthly of something like 400 on xx %

On a nearly new/demo, the price would be down to 40k, so I need a loan of 35k from the bank .. which will work out to 500-600 pm though I will keep the car at the end ..

btw the bank may not lend to me but the car finance will do