Can you hit a 1 iron

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Had a mizuno tp original 1 iron for years and sold it in a fit of rage a few years ago.
Worse thing I ever did as I could hit it miles
Might treat myself to a Srixon driving iron to replace my 3 wood

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No. I was given a Callaway Big Bertha driving iron a number of years ago. When you caught it right it was fabulous but those strikes were few and far between. In the end I gave up on it, you need to be a better ball striker and with more club head speed to get the most out of it. The upside was I got a tidy price for it on Ebay 😄👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No idea, never tried. But the smart money is on no. I have an old 3 iron but I only use it off the tee, and for the most part I don't even do that anymore. I can't even hit a 6 iron off the deck very well let alone the 3 or God forbid, a 1 iron.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
These days probably not, I even struggle to keep a 5 iron on track.

25 years ago I only carried irons including a 1 iron. Lovely muscle back blade Slazenger (when they were a name in golf) Seve Ballesteros.
Good for around 240 of a tee and 220 off the deck.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I used to carry one. Now I have a 17 degree driving iron which goes like an exocet off the tee.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Ping Zing 2 version somewhere.
I could never really hit it, I think that's because it was a green dot.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Off the deck? Not consistently, but I’ve got a Mizuno 2 iron that I hit great off the tee, so I imagine I could hit a 1 as well as the 2. Nothing better than puring a long iron straight down the middle.

D

Deleted member 1147

Used to borrow a mate’s ping zing 1 iron.
Great club, went like a bullet👌

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had a couple, but never hit them consistantly, a mate gave me his o;d Mizuno tour Proven, hit it fine off a tee not tried it off the deck

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've got a 2 iron, and used it a lot at my old course for hacking out of the trees. That's about all it was good for, but it served its purpose.