Can you hit a 1 iron

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I have 2 modern driving irons, a 1 and a 3. There is only about 1/2 inch difference in length and not much difference in loft but I can hit the 3 lovely but the 1 can’t even hit it at the driving range. The 3 iron comes with me all the time for various T shots but the 1 has never been in the bag.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, I'm a 1-iron god.

Rarely have it in the bag though, as I can hit my 3 wood better with wind and prefer the extra weight of the head into the wind.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Screenshot_20190827-065755_Gallery.jpg

I have this in the bag. Same loft as a 1 iron. Behaves like a 1 iron but so much easier to control and hit.

Great off the tee. Dropped my 60 degree wedge this last 5 rounds which I never thought I would.

Proper weapon.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
View attachment 28102

I have this in the bag. Same loft as a 1 iron. Behaves like a 1 iron but so much easier to control and hit.

Great off the tee. Dropped my 60 degree wedge this last 5 rounds which I never thought I would.

Proper weapon.
thats not a 1 iron, you might as well put a picture of a 4 wood up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

this is a one iron1 iron.jpg

Robin Hood

Visit site
I doubt if I could.
I used to have a Howson driving iron, and got the occasional good shot.
Give me my Ping 12 degree driver every time.
I carry a 3 iron for pushing out from under the trees, and can be pretty good with it.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I still have my Ping Eye2 set in the garage - 1 iron through lob wedge. I used them for years, and didn't carry woods. Won a couple of long drives with the one iron.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got this little bad boy in the loft - was never much able to hit it. It was bought by my best mate as he was 5h/cap and keen to get down to low Cat1 - and he knew his driving was just a bit too 'loose'. But he couldn't get on with it so I inherited it. At the time Tom Watson was in his heyday and this was his go-to killer clubs on the links

s-l400 (1).jpgs-l400.jpg

Last edited: