Can someone explain the fascination with these?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is there a fascination? I've had one for a while. Does the job as do many other things to putt into in the house! Perhaps a bit better than most as there is the extra skill test of hitting it central and at the right pace to sit and stop in the extra little hole.

Other than that - not fascinating at all!

Great for a quick putt on the landing after bathing my daughter lol

Also the science behind it is impressive. Think that’s why it’s so interesting. It’s actually got some proper physics behind it

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do actually. Most evenings. I was merely answering your previous post pointing out that down here at least, some putting greens have been out of commission. Been a very useful acquisition and I'm pleased with it and the putting mat. Didn't realise I had to check in with you though every time I use it.

Well done, here's to the handicap tumbling 👍

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great for a quick putt on the landing after bathing my daughter lol

Also the science behind it is impressive. Think that’s why it’s so interesting. It’s actually got some proper physics behind it

:thup: Not sure why it's become a "if you've got one, you're a mug/idiot" etc! No-one is daft enough to think carpet putting replicates the real thing pace-wise but it sure as hell does putter face/direction-wise...the haters gonna hate :blah:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:thup: Not sure why it's become a "if you've got one, you're a mug/idiot" etc! No-one is daft enough to think carpet putting replicates the real thing pace-wise but it sure as hell does putter face/direction-wise...the haters gonna hate :blah:

People always mock what they don’t understand lol

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thing is

If I posted

“Right people. Is there any benefit to me practicing putting on my landing. Using a drinks mug on its side as a hole?”

99 people out of 100 would probably say

“Yeah it can’t hurt practicing your stroke tuggles, you crack on pal!”

So what’s the difference?

Theee things are nails to use and are hardly expensive.

They can only help if used correctly. So any negative comments just make no real sense. Or am I talking poop?

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve had one ages and also bought their putting mat, I really like it, and it allows me to have a practice while I’m at home anytime of the day regardless of the weather conditions.

It’s fairly inexpensive and can be a bit of a challenge trying to get a “perfect” putt before going to bed or against someone else.

I’m sure some will find it useful and some will not, I don’t get the sniping at others who are happy with it.

D

Deleted member 15344

If people feel it works for them then crack on - I expect it’s not going to do any harm at the end of the day.

Putting for me is all about feel from the green and don’t see myself getting use out of the machine on a carpet - maybe on a practise green but the “purpose” practise mat for it seems very expensive for what it is

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Many years ago I used the Nice Putt trainer. With that one you also had to get perfect weight and you got the reward of the ball being rocketed back to you if you got it right.

Still available and a lot cheaper.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
If people feel it works for them then crack on - I expect it’s not going to do any harm at the end of the day.

Putting for me is all about feel from the green and don’t see myself getting use out of the machine on a carpet - maybe on a practise green but the “purpose” practise mat for it seems very expensive for what it is
It helps groove a stroke in my mind. My carpet I putt on at home is about 9 on the stump, and perfectly flat. If I miss a putt it is because of a poor stroke. Putting on most practice putting green over the last few months, has been a bit if a lottery and don’t give a lot of feedback on your stroke.

I find it a bit of fun, though too much putting practice kills my back. Need to remember to stand up after each putt, and not hold the putting stance.:eek:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It helps groove a stroke in my mind. My carpet I putt on at home is about 9 on the stump, and perfectly flat. If I miss a putt it is because of a poor stroke. Putting on most practice putting green over the last few months, has been a bit if a lottery and don’t give a lot of feedback on your stroke.

I find it a bit of fun, though too much putting practice kills my back. Need to remember to stand up after each putt, and not hold the putting stance.:eek:

Hang on sunshine isn't this classed as practicing :eek: