Can it be done?

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
Some of you may remember that I talked about a golf challenge, well it is less than two weeks until I attempt to play 10 rounds of golf in one day at Heswall GC.

I would really appreciate any donations no matter how small, every little bit does really help. I will be posting updates on my twitter through the day, 21st June with how it is going.

If you could donate it would really help http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/jasondransfieldgolf

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good luck mate. They say a round of golf is 4 miles, so that's some trek in a day. Put a pedometer on or something as it will be interesting to know how much ground you covered.

I take it you're using a Pencil bag & half set ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Mad your mad!!! But best of luck, just donated, looks like good causes.

Could I ask if not to personal, what made you pick those causes and why 10 rounds ?

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
Mad your mad!!! But best of luck, just donated, looks like good causes.

Could I ask if not to personal, what made you pick those causes and why 10 rounds ?

Firstly thank you very much for donating, it will make a difference. I've seen people doing 4 rounds for Macmillian and thought if a number of people can do it, I need to take it further and so I picked 10! The reason I am raising for Maggies and Clatterbridge Cancer Charity is that my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in October 2014 and at that point only given a few months to live. She has now fought the disease and moving forward with life, so defied the odds. She was looked after at Clatterbridge and as a family we used the Maggies centre for support and a place to go. I played golf for a living or tried to for around 10 years and never had a worry apart from a bad score. This obviously changed things and to go with that my dad and sister had their own serious health troubles to deal with. Now we are looking forward, I wanted to try and do my little bit to help those that really helped us when we needed it. I am also raising for Claire House and St John's Hospice because they are the Captain and Lady Captains chosen charities and I thought it right to offer my support to them also in their year of captaincy.

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
Good luck mate. They say a round of golf is 4 miles, so that's some trek in a day. Put a pedometer on or something as it will be interesting to know how much ground you covered.

I take it you're using a Pencil bag & half set ?

Thanks Andy, I'll have my Fitbit fully charged and I'll post all my stats from the day. I will be taking pencil bag and half set and I've just received today a dozen glow in the dark balls to let me start earlier in the day and if need be go longer into the night.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Good luck - 10 rounds is a big ask - you need to average under 2hours 40 mins a round! best of luck to you!
Little advice - only take 5-7 clubs! speed up play!
It'll be interesting to see your scorecards!

D

Deleted member 21258

Firstly thank you very much for donating, it will make a difference. I've seen people doing 4 rounds for Macmillian and thought if a number of people can do it, I need to take it further and so I picked 10! The reason I am raising for Maggies and Clatterbridge Cancer Charity is that my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in October 2014 and at that point only given a few months to live. She has now fought the disease and moving forward with life, so defied the odds. She was looked after at Clatterbridge and as a family we used the Maggies centre for support and a place to go. I played golf for a living or tried to for around 10 years and never had a worry apart from a bad score. This obviously changed things and to go with that my dad and sister had their own serious health troubles to deal with. Now we are looking forward, I wanted to try and do my little bit to help those that really helped us when we needed it. I am also raising for Claire House and St John's Hospice because they are the Captain and Lady Captains chosen charities and I thought it right to offer my support to them also in their year of captaincy.

Great causes.

Update thread once done or PM me, and will donate an extra £4 per round you complete and if you believe you have shot under par for any round will donate another £10.

Best of luck and hope it isn't to hot for you and are you going to be sore .:D

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
Good luck - 10 rounds is a big ask - you need to average under 2hours 40 mins a round! best of luck to you!
Little advice - only take 5-7 clubs! speed up play!
It'll be interesting to see your scorecards!

Thank you, I'm aiming for 1hr 45 - 2hrs per round, I've done a few test rounds in 1hr 30. Set make up is going to be 3wood, 2i, 5i, 8i, 46,54 and Putter. I'll be keeping score as well throughout.

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
Great causes.

Update thread once done or PM me, and will donate an extra £4 per round you complete and if you believe you have shot under par for any round will donate another £10.

Best of luck and hope it isn't to hot for you and are you going to be sore .:D

Thank you very much Darren, I will be keeping score for all 10 rounds to see what I can shoot. I think I could be very sore when eventually stop and sit down!