Can I see your ID son?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Funny that as a 42 year old man, I own my home, drive a car, work, pay taxes, shave (very rarely), married, have kids, can drink alcohol and all those adult things. Yet, at my club 1/2 the comps I'm not allowed to play in because I'm not old enough? Anyone else feel like the kid in the pub that couldn't get served.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm not quite sure what your point is? There have always been junior and senior competitions, are you referring to some other category?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yes, I get your point.
When I was your age I used to refer to be the owner of a Wally Card. Full price paid for everything everywhere. Not under 25, not a student, not unemployed, not over 60 etc
Just show your Wally Card - accepted everywhere.
Happily, I've been able to cut mine up.

D

Deleted member 3432

My point was just I find it amusing that I'm not old enough yet.
Unfortunately you'll be a senior before you know it...
Hit seniors age this year, no thanks I still have aspirations about getting better ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of interest, how old do you need to be to qualify for seniors comps?
Asking for a friend :whistle:
Northumberland tends to be 55. My guess is Durham will be the same. Most opens in the NE are 55 so that seems to add up.

I played in a seniors open last week where the age was 50+. It felt very, very weird o_O. It was the only one I could find in the area with that age level.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clubs round here still seem to give them if you have been a member for a number of years.
ATM we still have scaled discounts ranging from 10% to 40% for those over 65s who have been a full member continuously for at least 25 years.
But it's reviewed yearly and the qualifying conditions and discounts are changing every year.
Some senior opens start at 50 others are 65 and over.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My club fees...

7 Day £1080.00
6 Day (not Sat) £990.00
5 Day (Mon to Fri) £888.00
40 Years Loyalty £831.00

80 Years + £595.00
Age 24 & Under 30 £559.00
Age 22 & Under 24 £438.00
Age 20 & Under 24 £364.00
Age 18 & Under 20 £290.00

Only 7 years to go and I will get the 40 year loyalty discount. 80th birthday a long way off.
Whippersnappers get a very good deal.
42-year-olds still get to use their Wally Card for many years ahead.