can i play with you please????

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
how would you lot deal with this

me and my pp play first thing in the morning as a two ball and tend to get around in 2:30/2:45. i need to add that we have to get round fast on some days as my pp has child care commitments. today, an elderly guy (seemed very friendly) said ''can i play with you two? my friend hasnt turned up and i'm on my own''. we didnt want to as we both knew this would slow us down and my pp wouldnt have time to complete his round. BUT, non of us had the heart to say no so we said ''sure, no problem''. my friend had to walk off after the 12th and i continued the round. he ended up being a really nice guy but there is no possible way of saying no without looking like grump?

any idea's?

Last edited:

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Ditto on being honest. If you told the guy the same story you just told us, then I'm sure he would understand. As it turned out, you met a guy who turned out to be really nice. So no harm done either way? Don't forget, you may be a single wanting a game one day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On the one hand its a shame your mate had to give up after 12 but on the other side, you have someone else you can get a game with should the need ever arise and I imagine he will tell his friends how accommodating you and your friend were which is also good.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the one hand its a shame your mate had to give up after 12 but on the other side, you have someone else you can get a game with should the need ever arise and I imagine he will tell his friends how accommodating you and your friend were which is also good.

he also had haribo's Mmmmmmmmm

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
he also had haribo's Mmmmmmmmm

Well, that's all you needed to say! ;)

Difficult, I guess, but equally, he could have been like a 78 year old friend of mine who still plays off 12 and is lightening round the course, from knowing where to stand, when to be ready, etc. Okay, he's not the fastest on his feet, but still.

Honesty is often the best policy, and he may not have minded, but well done for saying yes.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I was that man last year, turned up early and no partner so went out with two guys who made it plainly obvious they didn't want me along! ( I'm sure you were more polite and subtle)

I would think twice next time!