Can anyone beat this bottle-job today?

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just a little update. Yesterday’s competition... once again 21 points on the front 9. Ticking over nicely in the back 9. All 2 points apart from 1 3 pointer. Managed to get through 13 and 14 which I seemed to have a mental block on. So this week, standing on the 16th tee with 34 points, 4 under my handicap. I then go on to NR 16, 17, and 18 😔🔫

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You say you have a mental block on some holes. Why? Do you try and change your approach on these and be more defensive? I had a real issue with our par three 6th with OOB tight right and not too far left and would always slice right or over compensate and hit big pulls and hooks. I am playing it differently now, aim to the left edge of the green and trust myself more. I can still go left if I feel tight or not swinging well but I am making a lot more pars.

A real shame about today though as you were flying. I guess it still comes down to putting yourself in the right positions and learning to deal with the pressure. On the plus side, for the most part you are playing some great golf. You just need to get over the line now