Camera For Filming Swing

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm toying with the idea of getting a camera that can record in slow motion, but what is an adequate frame rate for doing that?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking at Casio and Canon. The picture size for the Casio is bigger for 240fps, but the Canon is bigger for 120fps.

Thank you :)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm toying with the idea of getting a camera that can record in slow motion, but what is an adequate frame rate for doing that?

The reason I ask is that I'm looking at Casio and Canon. The picture size for the Casio is bigger for 120fps, but the Canon is bigger for 120fps.

Thank you :)

My camera is only around 30fps for it's "slow mo" bit and it does a good enough job I reckon...It's main function isn't filming in slow mo, so I can't moan. 120fps will be loads.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Casio EX-FH20 that does slow mo, great quality and massive zoom too so you can be more discrete with the recording. If I can find somewhere to host the file then I can post one online, but there are plenty on YouTube to see.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bob will be the man to ask. I think he films lessons so should have a good knowledge of what camera.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have a Casio EX-FH20 that does slow mo, great quality and massive zoom too so you can be more discrete with the recording. If I can find somewhere to host the file then I can post one online, but there are plenty on YouTube to see.

Good idea, I never thought of looking on Youtube.

Just had a look and I think I' prefer the 240fps.

Does anyone have any other camera recommendations other than Casio or Canon?

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Was looking at the Casio as well. The Zr100 seems the best value for the amount of use. I would guess Bob uses the FH20 or 25 as he will be looking for more than you or I. £150 is good with a 6 month warranty. Best I seen so far was £210 new and not import. Where'd you see for £150?

240fps seems best as most the high speed videos of players swings are 300fps so not that much behind. Plus most of those guys swing much faster than we do.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I've found that Casio make a great slow mo camera for a good price.
The EX FH 20 is good but a bit bulky for everyday use while the compacts are just as good much easier to carry around. And cheaper.
I use the Casio EX FC 150 which I find very good. It's very similar to the EX FC100 that RickG uses.
Heres an old man's swing taken with my EX FC 150

[video=youtube_share;zI2bHGgp4Xk]http://youtu.be/zI2bHGgp4Xk[/video]

The problem may be finding one....they are like rocking horse poop :rolleyes:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've found that Casio make a great slow mo camera for a good price.
The EX FH 20 is good but a bit bulky for everyday use while the compacts are just as good much easier to carry around. And cheaper.
I use the Casio EX FC 150 which I find very good. It's very similar to the EX FC100 that RickG uses.
Heres an old man's swing taken with my EX FC 150

[video=youtube_share;zI2bHGgp4Xk]http://youtu.be/zI2bHGgp4Xk[/video]

The problem may be finding one....they are like rocking horse poop :rolleyes:

nice:)

if i was hyper critical you go past the horizontal, maybe puts your timing out sometimes.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have the Casio Exilim FH-20 and its great. Supports up to 1000fps but you would not use that for golf, 240fps is about right for a swing.