callaway x16 iron's any good?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
X16s, Id say no more than 200ish. Good clubs though, help get the ball into the air very easily and forgiving.
If you can get the Pro version, even better.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Awesome. These were/are the king of forgiveness.

I'd have bought a set for my long-term experiment (don't worry, you've not been around long enough!) had they not had been so hard on the eye.

The X-18s are much better to look at i.m.o. but there's no difference in hitting. In fact, I can't tell you anything of any use (comparing club to club) between X-16/18/20 or even Big Bertha.

I paid £189 for X-18 3-SW.

Anything over this and they'd need to be in excellent condition or have new grips maybe.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to say of all the X series my favs were the 12's and 14's and I regret getting rid of the 14's

Yes, they were good too. I've not seen a usable set of either for months.
AG in Chester (near TonyN) had some 14s last year for £149. Trashed, completely.

Talking of trashed, my X-18s are looking mightily well-used.

trackdayking

Club Champion
Visit site
thanks guys for the input ive been offered the x16 3-sw irons callaway big bertha hx tour bag 1&3 big bertha drivers plus a callaway putter and a 36 hole electric trolly all for £250 looks like a good deal what ya think? :)

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
thanks guys for the input ive been offered the x16 3-sw irons callaway big bertha hx tour bag 1&3 big bertha drivers plus a callaway putter and a 36 hole electric trolly all for £250 looks like a good deal what ya think? :)

Sounds good. Do you know what the model of 1 & 3 wood is?
The 3 woods are excellent, but the drivers (1 wood) are small by today's standards. Otherwise, if in good condition, can't go wrong.

trackdayking

Club Champion
Visit site
they are big Bertha 2 just had a look at them and they have graphite shafts and have rubbed though to the white from bag rub.......its put me off :rolleyes: typical I will be back for more advice thank you very much to all.

S

Snelly

I have X-16 Pro irons and they are very good indeed. Nicest irons I have ever owned.

Snelly.