Callaway Triple Track Putter

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
lining up the putter with the ball is one thing - but how well does the average golfer line up the ball correctly???

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
This ,just got myself a Marksman.

I so nearly bought the Marksman, lovely putter. It was a really close call between the Marksman and the V Line. Went with the V Line in the end purely because I liked that I could still pick up the ball with the back of the putter, which you can't do with the Marksman. That was the one and only difference for me. But both really good putters.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I so nearly bought the Marksman, lovely putter. It was a really close call between the Marksman and the V Line. Went with the V Line in the end purely because I liked that I could still pick up the ball with the back of the putter, which you can't do with the Marksman. That was the one and only difference for me. But both really good putters.

That's the biggest downer on playing only vintage putters! (I don't do Ansers)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks like I will need a seniors pick up for the end of the grip.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't mind the look. But think this is just another crutch for people to lean on and is unlikely to have a real meaningful impact.

I personally don't line the ball up with a lineup line. I just position the ball with a plain white part showing. Have spoken to coaches about this, so not something I've just done off my own back.

I feel using the lineup line is just another thing to potentially get wrong. If you read the putt correctly and put a good stroke on it, then you'll give the putt a chance of going in.

Ultimately it's a good sales / marketing tactic to get people to buy into a system and then keep buying the matching balls. No doubt they will change the colours / lines in a few years to make everyone panic and change to a new putter and premium ball.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't mind the look. But think this is just another crutch for people to lean on and is unlikely to have a real meaningful impact.

I personally don't line the ball up with a lineup line. I just position the ball with a plain white part showing. Have spoken to coaches about this, so not something I've just done off my own back.

I feel using the lineup line is just another thing to potentially get wrong. If you read the putt correctly and put a good stroke on it, then you'll give the putt a chance of going in.

Ultimately it's a good sales / marketing tactic to get people to buy into a system and then keep buying the matching balls. No doubt they will change the colours / lines in a few years to make everyone panic and change to a new putter and premium ball.
I don't line my ball up in any particular way either. Don't think it helps at all. It just means if you change your mind on the line you can't just quickly adjust slightly, you have to bend down, mark the ball and reposition it again? Forget that. Often I don't even mark and pick up my ball at all.