Callaway Fairway 14 (hybrid) bag - anyone using one?

Mike79

Visit site
Was looking at trolleys earlier in the week and keep hearing how my Titleist Players 4+ won't fit well on it and will just twist around (despite having the cart cutout on the base). I want to stick with a stand bag as my course has regular no trolley periods over the winter and don't want to be swapping in / out of different bags. Recommendation from the shop was the Motocaddy hybrid stand bag, but they also have Titleist Hybrid 14 and the new Callaway Fairway 14 where the stand sits lower down the bag so it rests on the trolley properly. Anyone using the Callaway?

Callaway-Fairway-14-Golf-Bag-4.jpeg

Seen lots of positive comments on here re Motocaddy and Big Max hybrid bags, but less on the Titleist bags and none on the new Callaway option...

If I do need to change bag, I'm inclined towards the Titleist Hybrid 14 StaDry (I'm a Titleist sucker!) but if something is a better option I would be open to suggestions.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, but I have been using the Motocaddy Hydroflex bag this year and I think it's excellent. Can't fault it really.

Springveldt

Visit site
If you are getting a Motocaddy trolley then their bags with the metal locks at the bottom are excellent. Your bag never moves no matter what ground you are going over.

I got the Motocaddy Pro cart bag 4 years ago, still in great condition. Not fully waterproof but usually keeps everything dry. Has 14 dividers and tons of pockets for space, can carry all sorts in it.

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
My mate had a callaway stand bag and it fell apart, really poor quality.
I once had a callaway stand bag and it fell apart, really poor quality.
They may be excellent now, but I’ll never buy one again.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got the Callaway bag, in camouflage guise.

It's fantastic bag, great quality, great to carry, great on my motocaddy trolley.

The ONLY thing I find is that the main storage compartment isn't that bag, so when time comes for carrying waterproofs + towels etc etc then it's a bit of a squeeze.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Didnt fully read title, stunned by the thought that hybrids were now up to a 14 - like whata that, a 58deg hybrid ?!?!?!?
Oh, a bag...:oops:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been using the Bigmax hybrid bag on my motocaddy with no problems, I've only just changed to a motocaddy bag as my carrying days are over. If you want to consider a nearly new bag let me know and I'll stick some pictures up in the for sale section ?

gopher99

Visit site
Was looking at trolleys earlier in the week and keep hearing how my Titleist Players 4+ won't fit well on it and will just twist around (despite having the cart cutout on the base). I want to stick with a stand bag as my course has regular no trolley periods over the winter and don't want to be swapping in / out of different bags. Recommendation from the shop was the Motocaddy hybrid stand bag, but they also have Titleist Hybrid 14 and the new Callaway Fairway 14 where the stand sits lower down the bag so it rests on the trolley properly. Anyone using the Callaway?

Seen lots of positive comments on here re Motocaddy and Big Max hybrid bags, but less on the Titleist bags and none on the new Callaway option...

If I do need to change bag, I'm inclined towards the Titleist Hybrid 14 StaDry (I'm a Titleist sucker!) but if something is a better option I would be open to suggestions.

I use the Titleist Hybrid 14 StaDry, and I would recommend that to you, you can also get 15% of the bag if you use the code missyou at Snainton golf.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No, but I have been using the Motocaddy Hydroflex bag this year and I think it's excellent. Can't fault it really.

I thought that until recently but I will throw a curve ball in. Both the aqua flex and newer hydro flex only come in grey with coloured zip options and it attracts head like crazy in hot conditions. this wouldn’t be a problem if it had a cold pocket which is doesn’t. I’ve purchased one of these hydrate bottles that stay cooler for longer but even that starts to warm around 10-12th depending on the ambient temp.

This is my only negative I can find on this bag.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought that until recently but I will throw a curve ball in. Both the aqua flex and newer hydro flex only come in grey with coloured zip options and it attracts head like crazy in hot conditions. this wouldn’t be a problem if it had a cold pocket which is doesn’t. I’ve purchased one of these hydrate bottles that stay cooler for longer but even that starts to warm around 10-12th depending on the ambient temp.

This is my only negative I can find on this bag.
You're right, the cool pocket is rubbish because it's not deep enough and it's wide open at the top. I use a Chilly's bottle so it hasn't caused me any problems with my water staying cold (although the metal lid is a bit hot to touch!), but my peanut & chocolate protein bar melts no matter where I keep it. It actually fares better if I stuff it deep in the bag under the waterproof/whatever's in the large main pocket. Not a massive problem though, as I say, a good quality bottle should keep your water cold regardless.

Lefty2304

Visit site

I bought the HD version a week ago. The rubber top has rubbed the graphite Shafts after 3 rounds. Looks like some sticky back felt is needed. Not a great start!

Teebs

Visit site
Slightly off tangent, but I purchased a Titleist bag this year (stadry 15) and the quality is excellent, feels like it's worth the ££.