Callaway CXR Control/Titliest Trusoft - any good?

Yorkie62

Visit site
On today's flash sale offer from SD I've bagged some Callaway Superhots - anybody tried them? Always played E6 before but I'm enjoying searching for a new 'ball of choice'.

ciel-bleu

Visit site
It's true those Decathlon balls (inesis?) are cheap but, in my opinion, that's their only decent feature. I've played a few holes with one. It felt like a brick off the driver but didn't go very far; very little control when chipping and went where it wanted to off the putter:D:D. I give them away when I find them, trouble is nobody gives me a titleist in return. Must be a reason for that.:cool:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Balls baffle me. It is very rare that I think I played a very good shot because of the ball I am playing, or indeed I got a poor result because of the ball. If I have a good round I stick with the exact same ball for the next one - if it's looking worse for wear I might start with the same type as that - but more often than not it'll be any ball from my bag. If I lose a ball during the round I generally just grab any ball from maybe half doz diff types I'll have in my bag. I am not that bothered - other than obvious cheapies or 'stones' I don't notice that much difference between balls - and any difference I do notice doesn't cause me any concern - or make any difference to my shots.

As it happens I've played the CRX Control which was fine by me - but not played a Trusoft - so will not chuck any of those I come by the way of the Velocities or Solos that I find.

Last edited:

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's true those Decathlon balls (inesis?) are cheap but, in my opinion, that's their only decent feature. I've played a few holes with one. It felt like a brick off the driver but didn't go very far; very little control when chipping and went where it wanted to off the putter:D:D. I give them away when I find them, trouble is nobody gives me a titleist in return. Must be a reason for that.:cool:

Yes, but to be fair I said "high handicappers", you play off 7, so I would expect you to feel the difference