Callaway Chev Comfort Shoes any good?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm getting a 404 error when I click that link.

I had a pair of Callaway Chev Comforts last year though, they were very comfortable but it was a bit disappointed with the damage sustained to them after only a few months of use. After say, 6 months of playing once a week, they had a few tears and rips in the leather and the sole had come away slightly down one side of one of them. I didn't think they were very hard-wearing, put it that way.

AdamW

Visit site
I'm getting a 404 error when I click that link.

I had a pair of Callaway Chev Comforts last year though, they were very comfortable but it was a bit disappointed with the damage sustained to them after only a few months of use. After say, 6 months of playing once a week, they had a few tears and rips in the leather and the sole had come away slightly down one side of one of them. I didn't think they were very hard-wearing, put it that way.

This link should work

https://www.golfonline.co.uk/callaway-mens-chev-comfort-golf-shoes-m543

Thanks for pointing that out.

That doesn't sound very promising though. Did you get spikless by any chance? Just wondering how good the grip is and if you have any feedback on the waterproofing?

AdamW

Visit site
I was also considering them for no other reason than brand name and price but I think I'll pass

I am only getting out every few weeks and am at the beginner stage and converse are not doing too well on the wet grass as you can imagine.

Looks like it might be worth spending the extra and having a shoe which lasts a couple of years rather than 5-6 months and does a crap job in that time as well.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought some a while back and returned them a month later as they were starting to fall to bits. The same happened to a friend. A pity really because, as mentioned earlier, they are extremely comfortable.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This link should work

https://www.golfonline.co.uk/callaway-mens-chev-comfort-golf-shoes-m543

Thanks for pointing that out.

That doesn't sound very promising though. Did you get spikless by any chance? Just wondering how good the grip is and if you have any feedback on the waterproofing?
Yeah spikeless - now that your link works, I think mine are pretty much the 2017 version of those. This 2018 issue might be better, I don't know. Or maybe I did something wrong!

The grip is fine unless it's raining obviously, then I had my foot slip out once or twice. I've picked up some longer spikes (Footjoy) for this winter for this reason. Waterproofing was decent though I think.

I bought some a while back and returned them a month later as they were starting to fall to bits. The same happened to a friend. A pity really because, as mentioned earlier, they are extremely comfortable.
Ah so it wasn't just me then.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I am only getting out every few weeks and am at the beginner stage and converse are not doing too well on the wet grass as you can imagine.

Looks like it might be worth spending the extra and having a shoe which lasts a couple of years rather than 5-6 months and does a crap job in that time as well.
I'm still in the beginer stage too and have to read up or ask about most golf related equipment. I bought a pair of Nike explorer 2 spiked 18month ago and they have just stated to leak, played over 80 rounds in them comfy and dry i think there about £50