Callaway Big Bertha 815 Driver

• Thread starter Deleted member 23344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23344

I have just bought a second hand Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 driver for a great price from an eBay seller with great feedback whom I’ve used before ... so no qualms about its authenticity. However, excited at seeing it in a 12 degree and with a senior shaft (just right for my slow swing and slice), I bought it before reading any reviews of the club.

Although the reviews speak of forgiveness, I now see that Golfbidder suggests that it is for a 0 to 10 handicapper, and Golfalot suggests it is for a 0 to 14 handicapper. I am a 20 and I don’t often play to that either. I will of course try it out on the course, but have I been too impetuous ... is it destined to go back on eBay fairly quickly? Does anyone play this driver and have any thoughts upon the required user handicap. Thanks.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The 815 combined the forgiveness of the 2014 Big Bertha with the adjustability of the 2014 BB Alpha.
So you get some changeable weights and the changeable gravity core as well.
It's pretty forgiving as drivers go - put a half decent swing on it and you'll get half decent results. Remember what forgiving really means.
It means maintaining ball speeds over the whole face so off centre hits still go a reasonable distance. It won't stop a slice of hook.
At 12° it will adjust up to 13 or 14 or down to 11
The gravity core changes the CoG which can change the spin.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I play off 18 and was fitted by a Callaway staff fitter for a new driver. The 815 was the one that came up with the best all round performance for me - distance, dispersion and consistency. The key is in the set up and I've not touched mine since getting it fitted.

D

Deleted member 23344

I play off 18 and was fitted by a Callaway staff fitter for a new driver. The 815 was the one that came up with the best all round performance for me - distance, dispersion and consistency. The key is in the set up and I've not touched mine since getting it fitted.

Thanks for that, it’s encouraging. I’m happy to play around with the loft, lie and weights provided that there is some hope of it working for me.