Bushnell Excel GPS Watch

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
This is a very nice looking piece of wrist-wear which gives distances to FMB and up to four hazards. Navigation is a bit fiddly, and the buttons overly sensitive. Not for the first time the watch has moved onwards on a hole because of wrist pressure on the watch during follow-through.

Readouts are clear, and there are plenty of functions which I haven't availed off yet, including pairing the watch to your phone to receive message and call alerts. There's a pedometer and fitness setting, as well as the ability to book tee-times through the watch if paired with the Bushnell app.

Where this watch falls down is the battery. Despite Bushnell's claim of 3+ rounds on a single charge, or a year as a watch on a charge.. I get nowhere near either.

From a full charge, I played 18 holes on Sunday; the watch has sat on my desk since in time mode and has just flashed a low battery warning meaning I'll have to recharge it before the weekend. I have no additional functions on which may drain the battery so I'm beginning to suspect a faulty unit. I haven't managed more than 36 holes out of a single charge either.

It can take a while to lock into a satellite, average time at my course when in a clear spot is around 90 seconds.

While pleasing on the eye, its performance is disappointing given the price. I'd go with a Garmin if I were you...