Burnham and Berrow on Fire

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reading the article and knowing the course looks like it is only the rough between some holes affected and, from memory, the area does not normally come in to play on the holes.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just received an email, the course is ok, as it’s entirely irrigated. Based on the information I’ve got I can’t see that the 8tee wouldn’t have been damaged though

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw this last night, then the Club issued a statement saying it was open for play today.... hope it's not too bad

I reckon it started when a stray spark from one of Sam's monster drives landed in the wrong place....

As soon as i saw the details of the rough burning away, i booked myself in for some competitions! haha

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Chatting to a B&B member this morning, the club had a problem with some of our travelling friends last week who had to be removed at a cost to the club, and they have reports that the 2 things could be connected, although this is obviously speculation.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Chatting to a B&B member this morning, the club had a problem with some of our travelling friends last week who had to be removed at a cost to the club, and they have reports that the 2 things could be connected, although this is obviously speculation.
apparently people were seen running away from the site of the fire and some of the county lads there took photos, we'll see.