Bunkers

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Also this doesn't work if the sand is compacted and hard in the bunkers on your course. The heel just bounces and you knife the ball into the face. Opening the face like that only works in lovely fluffy sand.

I much prefer the bunker wet and compacted. Much easier to predict how the club will react in the sand.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I much prefer the bunker wet and compacted. Much easier to predict how the club will react in the sand.
I don't like it, but I don't like the other end of the spectrum either, where there's too much sand and you can hardly keep your feet steady. Somewhere in between would be nice. :)

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Bunkers should be treated as GUR until the rakes are allowed back in IMO. It’s like playing off concrete at the moment, rendering previously sound techniques useless.
Bunkers at our place are fine* - nice links sand with the amount of give in it I like - lift and place directive obviously helps with not getting a bad lie so it's an ideal time to get decent at bunker shots.

*Caveat - I'm playing at an inland course for the first time this year tomorrow so it may be a different experience.