Bryson Dechambeau

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I think that BDeC has worked out a very good way to play American PGA courses. Many are similar. Not many bushes or hedges to lose balls in: trees are tall with lowest branches quite high affording a full swing beneath them, thus nearly always a line to the green. Rough is playable from, ok, so it might make the shot a flier with no spin, but other than that....
Compare with British courses where pros don't play on tour - like where we play. Many places where balls become unplayable. And drops have to be taken. How many drops do pros take in US.?

Most Pro golfers can play most types of courses, but I suspect BdeC. would have to change his style if he moved from the US PGA courses I have mentioned.
About not liking his swing- yes, not pretty but his approach shots are as good if not better than most off the fairway.

evemccc

Visit site
Just to add a slight balance - guys at my club who marshalled at RSG said he was great and had a great sense of humour - quite the opposite as to their comments about Paul Casey who they reported to the chief marshall

I like BdC

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
How many drops do pros take in US.?
Free drops: as many as they can get away with!
I take your point about penalty drops (but that could be because pros are more capable of playing from positions that are unplayable for the likes of us).

As for BdC: it just occurred to me that I like to watch Bryson in the hope that he will cock it up, while I like to watch Rory in the hope he will tear up the course, which kind of says it all.
(Unfortunately I am often disappointed on both counts).

evemccc

Visit site
A lot of websites and podcasts are now increasingly using and relying on BdC's name for views and clicks and spurious 'controversy' and the like....Really, it's quite shameless

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A lot of websites and podcasts are now increasingly using and relying on BdC's name for views and clicks and spurious 'controversy' and the like....Really, it's quite shameless

Seems fair game to me. If he wasn't so controversial they wouldn't be interested. He's raking in the cash so probably happy to have the exposure.