BRS v ClubV1 Which is better and why?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have BRS for Opens/ Members‘ bookings at present. Our Club is thinking of changing to Club V1 which I assume is related to HDID.

What are the benefits/ problems or otherwise of both, especially cost, ease of use and support please?

Overall which is better taking everything into consideration?

NearHull

Visit site
We have BRS for Opens/ Members‘ bookings at present. Our Club is thinking of changing to Club V1 which I assume is related to HDID.

What are the benefits/ problems or otherwise of both, especially cost, ease of use and support please?

Please check your messages.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

We are still comparing BRS (which we currently use for bookings) with the Club V1 booking facility. We and members like and are comfortable with BRS but we use ClubV1 (and HDID which is part of V1) for all other club and golf management. There is an attraction in only having one supplier but V1's support can be rather slow. But so far we haven't seen any show stoppers although I am told the are some minor differences. I believe the current thinking is to change next winter.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
If you are considering changing, Intelligent Golf is worth considering too, as developed with recent IT concepts - like the internet! Club V1 and HDID are indeed related. HDID was originally simply an extract from the central Club V1 (may have been Club 1V back then) system subsequently publishing to internet as HDID. That was many years ago now, so may well have been modernised. Their support was fairly slow back then too, though helpful once they responded (fairly typical of most IT support back in those days).

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We've just switched, we did spend a wad on Golf Genius, which was utter crap, before that we had our own system that was great but the guy that did it didn't want to do an update that would do WHS.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've just moved from a club using IG (which is pretty decent) to a club that does the same as yours, BRS for tee times and ClubV1/HDID for everything else. HDID & ClubV1 are linked, I use the same login for them. Feels a bit like a backward move to me, everything was all in one place on IG, here there's a bit in each.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are BRS booking and V1 for everything else,changed to V 1 for tee booking last Autumn and members hated it so changed back a month later .
BRS is far superior for tee bookings over V1

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've just moved from a club using IG (which is pretty decent) to a club that does the same as yours, BRS for tee times and ClubV1/HDID for everything else. HDID & ClubV1 are linked, I use the same login for them. Feels a bit like a backward move to me, everything was all in one place on IG, here there's a bit in each.
We use IG and find it dead easy to use with the app integrated pretty seamlessly with our website.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would concur if you are looking at a switch take a look at IG.
As said I understand it is expensive but do not have to have the whole package.

We have the lot as an integrated financial system makes administration for the club a lot easier.

D

Deleted member 15344

Does IG handle all the club management areas that V1 does?

Yes

IG is the full package and far superior than any of the others out there if you want a full wrap around - we made the swap from CS to IG 6 years ago and it’s superb. It is a bit more expensive

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes

IG is the full package and far superior than any of the others out there if you want a full wrap around - we made the swap from CS to IG 6 years ago and it’s superb. It is a bit more expensive
Just curious, if you changed 6 years ago how do you make comparisons with the current V1?

D

Deleted member 15344

Just curious, if you changed 6 years ago how do you make comparisons with the current V1?

By speaking to people that use the current V1 - especially a golf manager who has just taken over a club with CS and his first task is to bring in IG

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
We use IG and agree its good, in fact everyone seems to think its good, which begs the question, why do ClubV1 etc seem to be so popular?
Normal commercial patterns apply! Club V1 and BRS have been around for eons! So loads of 'existing customers'. Existing customers are the easiest to sell to for new functions, like Bar, Membership, Tee-times etc. IG has to sell their product as superior to those, which puts it at a disadvantage.

On the other hand, the fact that IT technology has moved on so much since the others were first developed often means that the old systems are hamstrung by inevitable compromises, cludges and 'old methods' that no longer apply, whereas a new provider, like IG, tackles the requirements far more logically - at least at first!

The same applies elsewhere, such as in finance and banking, or retail applications and even logistics! It is part of why big department stores are no longer as dominant as they used to be.

I have no idea of the comparative costs though!

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Normal commercial patterns apply! Club V1 and BRS have been around for eons!

On the other hand, the fact that IT technology has moved on so much since the others were first developed often means that the old systems are hamstrung by inevitable compromises, cludges and 'old methods' that no longer apply, whereas a new provider, like IG, tackles the requirements far more logically - at least at first!

I have no idea of the comparative costs though!

IG is not exactly new....its been around for at least 13 years and was one of the options my club looked at when we had to change ISV back in 2010...in fact...as handicap secretary at the time, it was my preferred option, but the costs put it well beyond the reach of the Competitions Committees finances and would have required financing by the club owner...who wasn't willing to stump up the cash.

Truth be told, IG would have been far more product than we really needed but I saw the value in having a complete solution that encompassed the club website, tee booking, remote competition admin by the committee along with other features that were pushed at the time. but others within the club were less convinced and less keen to adopt a wholesale change to how we did things. I think we were quoted a four figure sum for initial design and set-up, and then a smaller four figure sum for ongoing support, hosting etc.

Club Systems 2000 (the father of Club V1) would have seen us spend maybe £300-450 a year (and our old ISV was really pushing us towards Club Systems...i think they'd fashioned some sort of deal that got us a discount) but had such a shocking reputation for reliability, accuracy, results uploading to HDID that there was no way we were ever going to entertain it.

In the end we went for HandicapMaster which cost us around £150 a year....a really simple Handicapping and Competition Management System which offered none of the functionality around tee booking, bar management, shop management etc that either Club Systems or IG did. To be fair...it has suited us perfectly for the last 13 years.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the end we went for HandicapMaster which cost us around £150 a year....a really simple Handicapping and Competition Management System which offered none of the functionality around tee booking, bar management, shop management etc that either Club Systems or IG did. To be fair...it has suited us perfectly for the last 13 years.
The certainly seem to have the most responsive customer service facility. New facility customer requests appear to be included within days.