Briatore and Symonds Leave Renault

Chrimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
BBC Sport

Renault are effectively admitting that the result of the Singapore Grand Prix was fixed and are hoping the FIA will be lenient with them now that Briatore and Symonds are no longer part of the team.

Another blow to the credibility of F1 .......

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I don't think it will make any difference. The fact that Piquet was asked to deliberately crash is damming and will in my view see them expelled next season. However that said I can then see them appealling and being able to race while that is investigated...... you know the rest in F1

Chrimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
However that said I can then see them appealling and being able to race while that is investigated...... you know the rest in F1

How can they appeal if they have admitted their guilt ....

They have forced Briatore and Symonds out to ensure that they don't get a suspension from F1 next year.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So have I got this right? They vigourously deny everything and threaten to sue, until they see the evidence against them, conduct an internal witch hunt, fold their defence and admit they did it, sack people and hope the punishment will be reduced.

Sigh.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Renault will play this card;

"how can you take away the jobs of 500 workers because of the miscounduct of 2 men, men who have been removed from their positions with immediate effect"

Cant see them getting thrown out of the sport though, O think they will be banned from earning constructors points at worse.

Also, this brings another question. Any owner of a football club must be "fit & proper" to do so. Bear in mind that briatore owns QPR football club along with ecclestone and mittal so where does that leave briatore in that respect?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
And to think that Briatore was instrumental in the break away F1 ramblings that went on at Silverstone. Fancied himself a bit as the next Max and Bernie!!

I do feel sorry for young Piquet though. I can't imagine the presure he was under from Briatore to do this. Despite what the nippers own thoughts about it were, I really think that he was painted into a corner that he couldn't get out of.

Ron Dennis, Briatore and Symonds, who next?

A new era of F1 beckons.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have had a thought. Was Briatore in charge of Benetton when Schumacher crashed into Damon Hill in 94 or 95 after he'd damaged his car and it looked like Hill would win the world championship ?

I have had this theory in my head for a couple of days but havn't seen any mention of the possible meaning into it !!

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
All I'll say is what penalty would have been handed out if it had been McLaren?

McLaren acquire documents from an employee at a rival firm...

...and are banned from the constructor's championship.

Renault run the risk of killing any number of drivers, officials and spectators and...

...that's very naughty so don't do anything naughty again in the next two years or we'll really do something to you...maybe.

Absolutely farcical.