BRAND new shiney!

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
To update in the demise of my Nike driver, I was given a £100 credit to use with the proshop that sorted everything out with Nike. I got the news a few days before going on holiday and Tony said he would work out something for me for when I got back.
Today I popped down and he had a couple of drivers for me to try and the one I went for was a brand new Titleist 910 D3 with a Project X 7B3 6.5 shaft to 9.5 loft and fully closed.
It's a beast of a club and I love it already. I have lost about 10 yards, but I think that is a lot to do with not swinging a club for a few weeks, and the dispertion was far far better than any other driver I have tried. I had a great ball flight and I was getting plenty of roll when the ball landed (helped a lot by the ground having dried out while I was away!)

A great driver which came with a headcover and the tool for the grand total of £30 out of my pocket!
I am a very very happy chappy!

IMG_7855_zps33f51bb2.jpg

IMG_7857_zps543786e5.jpg

J5MBF

Head Pro
Visit site
Looks good! Hope it goes well out on the course. Any chance of a decent review after a round or two as I fancy trying one when I swap my driver in a month or so time.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah no problem 5.
Worked really well on the range and seemed to have really good penetration which is something I have had with most of my drivers.
I love the shaft and my pro had a few shots with it and wants to swap shafts! I had a look and the cheapest I could find the shaft is £100 on it's own so I think I have got a really good deal.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
best value club around imo. you can pick them up pretty cheap 2nd hand. they are still one of the best looking too.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
best value club around imo. you can pick them up pretty cheap 2nd hand. they are still one of the best looking too.

Around £100 second hand is good for a great club but £130 for a brand new one with a decent shaft in from a pro shop is really good IMHO. Sorry heavily biased opinion!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Around £100 second hand is good for a great club but £130 for a brand new one with a decent shaft in from a pro shop is really good IMHO. Sorry heavily biased opinion!

time to change the signature ;)

enjoy the new shiny, not a huge fan of the shaft but hopefully it is the right one for you :)

tiggit10

Club Champion
Visit site
Fantastic driver, had this on demo for a while last year and I was so impressed! I had to RIP shaft in it though.

Seems as though you've got yourself a bargain!!

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got in from playing a round with my daughter for her second handicap card and to give the driver a run out on the course.

First impressions are WOW!

First full drive was on our 306 yard par 4 3rd. Teed one up, lined myself up as I used to with my Nike driver and..... snap hooked it into the trees!
WTH!!!
Then I remembered I had to setup differently from the old driver, lined up again, nice smooth back swing and BOOM 10 yards short of the bunker, 30 yards to the hole.
It took a few drives to get used to it on the course but by the time we got to the 9th, a dogleg right, I had the confidence in it to have a go over the trees. Straight as an arrow, over the trees and 30 yards from the green.
On the 12th, different tee but same hole as the 3rd, I went for it a bit harder and hit the green!

I love this club already.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glad you like it. I have the 910D2, I tried the D3 but found it a bit unforgiving to be honest. When you say you set up different to your old driver why is that? not being funny just curious

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
With the Nike I had the ball further forward and the club face set slightly closed. Now the ball is inside my right heel instead of being in line with my toes and I have the club face square to the target. It has made a huge difference with the ball flight, trajectory and how straight the ball flies.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's what I'm getting used to. Even with the club face set fully closed the face is square at address. I know the shaft is stiffer with a stiff tip which has made a big difference but the face angle has taken more to get used to than anything.

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's what I'm getting used to. Even with the club face set fully closed the face is square at address. I know the shaft is stiffer with a stiff tip which has made a big difference but the face angle has taken more to get used to than anything.

My old Callaway driver looked like it was aiming left when I addressed the ball, so without realising I was opening the face to make it square as I thought which was in turn causing my slices, when the penny finally dropped I changed to the D2 and dont regret it for a second, just address the ball and away you go do a good swing and it goes staight do a bad one and it don't, at least then I know it is me and not how the club is sitting

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm certainly striking the ball better even off the toe I hit it 250 straight down the line I aimed on so it's more forgiving than the Nike which would have bananaed the ball hard right with that contact.
I expected nothing but got everything I wanted in this club.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it's more to do with the shaft than the club head. When I tried the D2 it had a standard stiff shaft in it and miss hits would be slices with the heavier shaft and stiffer tip the same miss hits stay straight of have a slight draw on them. Go figure!

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strange game golf isn't it. Anyway I am sure it will serve you well for years. Driver has always been my weakness. Every round I seem to lose a ball or two:eek: if not then chipping out of trees. If I find the fairway then a par is usually a cert. My iron play is very good and am a pretty solid putter. If somebody brought a driver out that said fairway found every time I would say name you price!! There are certain holes I am forced to use it on due to carries or length of 2nd shot into green etc.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Possibly best looking driver out (IMO). I always think think that Titleist is for the better player,this is why I havenet got one. Ha. Enjoy