Brancepath Castle Golf Club

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played here for the first time in their open on Sunday. Course was in superb condition and found it a challenge. A lot of the drives are over ditches, so if you struggle off the tee it's not for you. Some really nice holes and tree lined fairways. However the course is quite elevated so it means that there are some big climbs and serious slopes. The clubhouse was very nice and welcoming.
I would play the course again, but solely due to the slopes it's not one that I could be a member of. The closing hole is a brute.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Played there in the Seniors' Open a couple of weeks ago. I agree with you about now wanting it as a home club. I remembered the time, in my teens, when I played three rounds there in one red hot summer's day with a guy in his 20s who was about 2 stones overweight. Can't believe I did it, I was knackered after 18 holes.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played there last year in a mix doubles open, quite a tough long course especially the 18th !

however would not return at the pro made us all as welcome well something that’s not nice :(

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
What time did you tee off? I was volunteering as starter from 11:00ish.
This is my home course and I wouldn't want to be a member anywhere else. This year the course is in superb condition, the greens have been amazing since beginning mid-april - and considering the weather in march is something beyond amazing.

Yes there are a few climbs (18th,10th,2nd) but otherwise its a lovely walk. So great holes, I love it because its a fair test of golf.

its great to hear some good reviews.

D

Deleted member 16999

We played Brancepath at their place 2 weeks ago in a league fixture, to a man all the team, caddies and manager agreed it was the best greens they’d played on this season.
Brancepath is a great track to me and it’s the layout that is its strength, always in good condition.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We played Brancepath at their place 2 weeks ago in a league fixture, to a man all the team, caddies and manager agreed it was the best greens they’d played on this season.
Brancepath is a great track to me and it’s the layout that is its strength, always in good condition.

Just rub it in why don't you :rofl:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, some of the par 3s are mental.
I vaguely remember a couple of "meh" holes which seemed to go down and back near a field but I'd play it again in a heartbeat.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nice course, and always in good condition during the season. The Pro is a top bloke and knows his stuff, highly recommend him for coaching.