Bracken Course - Woodhall Spa

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Playing the Bracken course in a few weeks in a National Comp.

I'll assume a few people have played it before... what is it like? Any tips or things to look out for?

Also, does anybody have a stroke saver I could buy for a small fee?

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 17920

I'll assume a few people have played it before... what is it like? Any tips or things to look out for?

Cheers!
What comp are you playing in?

i hope you have a good short game as you are going to need it on the Bracken :D

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Cannot believe that for how much it cost us to play Hotchkin the other week I never bought a course planner. It is a must.

D

Deleted member 17920

The NAPGC National Final.

Hahaha, well you’ve just sorted out my practice schedule for the next few weeks 
I must have a Bracken course guide kicking around, let me have a look in the morning.

its bone dry like everywhere at the minute but the greens are still taking a ball.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Cheers!

I have also qualified for that comp! Did so last year... so I'm keeping mine from last year! Is it on the Bracken or Hotchkin?

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
WIth not knowing your level or how far you hit the ball it is hard to give tips. But what I would say about the Bracken is to choose wisely off the tee box. Some shorter par 4s that will temp you to try and knock it right up there, but like all good short par 4s they will bite you on the ass should you get it wrong and turn an easy par/ birdie chance into a fighting par looking at a bogey.

So I have always found that clubbing back and knocking into the big part of the fairway will still only leave a wedges in. Another hole to be cautious of is Par 5 4th, trying to get it up to the green in 2 can really get you into trouble, but a nice lay up the left side leaves a wedge in.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was thinking that because last years was played on the Bracken it would be the same this year... could be wrong though!

I only ask because this year the scratch comp is on Saturday and Sunday, not sure if that means one round on each so the nett comp can be on the Hotchkin. Not that it matters, both are great courses!