Boxing/UFC 2018-24

D

Deleted member 35577

AJ is going to lose tonight. He just isn't the fighter he thinks he is.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
What I’ve noticed with the whole boxing / YouTuber crossover is the fact that it’s always been about your following.

Doesn’t matter how skilled or technically gifted you are as a pugilist, if people (lots of people) are willing to support you and pay money then you will get to the top regardless. These guys have worked that out and have capitalised on that market.

And this is where we are with the whole YouTuber circus.

For me boxing has always been riddled with dodgy decisions and straight up corruptness as there is so much money involved. Can you blame these guys for wanting to get involved and cash in on that?

Fair play to them. Make a mockery out of the sport that has been doing that to itself for so long now. But now look at all these little kids that want to get into it and train because he’s a fan of sugerpapi from tiktok.

Sport was dying and it’s as bad as I can ever remember. But at least it’s thriving in other areas.

Who’s to blame for that…

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What I’ve noticed with the whole boxing / YouTuber crossover is the fact that it’s always been about your following.

Doesn’t matter how skilled or technically gifted you are as a pugilist, if people (lots of people) are willing to support you and pay money then you will get to the top regardless. These guys have worked that out and have capitalised on that market.

And this is where we are with the whole YouTuber circus.

For me boxing has always been riddled with dodgy decisions and straight up corruptness as there is so much money involved. Can you blame these guys for wanting to get involved and cash in on that?

Fair play to them. Make a mockery out of the sport that has been doing that to itself for so long now. But now look at all these little kids that want to get into it and train because he’s a fan of sugerpapi from tiktok.

Sport was dying and it’s as bad as I can ever remember. But at least it’s thriving in other areas.

Who’s to blame for that…

You are right, if the big names were less political then the boxing world wouldnt need these silly fights.

Unfortunately we are in an era where you're lucky if a champion fights twice in 12 months, rematch clauses everywhere and people just avoiding each other until the money is right.

I understand these guys put their lives on the line, but its a very bleak future outlook. Gone are the days where guys just kept losing and regaining titles.

Id really like to see the belts re-spread across the divisions.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You are right, if the big names were less political then the boxing world wouldnt need these silly fights.

Unfortunately we are in an era where you're lucky if a champion fights twice in 12 months, rematch clauses everywhere and people just avoiding each other until the money is right.

I understand these guys put their lives on the line, but its a very bleak future outlook. Gone are the days where guys just kept losing and regaining titles.

Personally I’d like to see 1 belt in each devision.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson..?
I really hope a 58 yr old Tyson smashes JP into little bits.
I also hope AJ wins as well.....as unpopular as that may be on here.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Would be happy with mandatory challengers to be fought within an agreed period of getting the belt/the last defence with a statutory split of the purse between the person holding the belt and the challenger. No variations to that and the fight goes to the TV company that the holder is signed with. Fail to fight without a medical reason signed off by a neutral doctor, the belt is vacated and the next 2 on the mandatory list fight for it with the highest ranking getting to use the TV company they are signed with and the purse being split 50/50.

That would seem to iron our most of the issues that stop the fights going ahead.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Would be happy with mandatory challengers to be fought within an agreed period of getting the belt/the last defence with a statutory split of the purse between the person holding the belt and the challenger. No variations to that and the fight goes to the TV company that the holder is signed with. Fail to fight without a medical reason signed off by a neutral doctor, the belt is vacated and the next 2 on the mandatory list fight for it with the highest ranking getting to use the TV company they are signed with and the purse being split 50/50.

That would seem to iron our most of the issues that stop the fights going ahead.

It would yes, but I have more instagram followers than you so I should earn more :ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would yes, but I have more instagram followers than you so I should earn more :ROFLMAO:

Forgot to add that if you hold multiple belts then you fight the mandatory for each in an set order. Oh, and the holder chooses the venue

I guess my point is that the whole thing could be made very simple with a set in stone contract format. That would remove any fight dodging for contractual reasons and then it would be clear who was avoiding fights. It will never happen but it would clear up the whole log jam in the sport overnight almost.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Forgot to add that if you hold multiple belts then you fight the mandatory for each in an set order. Oh, and the holder chooses the venue

I guess my point is that the whole thing could be made very simple with a set in stone contract format. That would remove any fight dodging for contractual reasons and then it would be clear who was avoiding fights. It will never happen but it would clear up the whole log jam in the sport overnight almost.

I'm very much with you.

Tyson should never have been allowed to hold his belt and fight Ngannou, it should have been vacated.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Though that is one thing that could be interesting. If AJ were to absolutely hammer Ngannou after Fury arguably lost to him, the pressure on Fury to prove himself would be massive.

Very true! Builds their possible bout up a bit more

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No idea how Tyson can get a license to fight at his age. It might be an exhibition in a similar vein as his fight against Jones Junior. I’ll be suckered into watching though… so it serves its purpose I suppose.

Joshua has the tools to beat Ngannou. But he also can’t be getting touched by him. Could be done within 4 rounds. Ha not had a bet yet though.

Hope Parker wins. Zhang is a difficult one though. Looks a slow plodder but has impressive hand speed and is a decent boxer - I think he takes Parker out in the second half of the fight.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Though that is one thing that could be interesting. If AJ were to absolutely hammer Ngannou after Fury arguably lost to him, the pressure on Fury to prove himself would be massive.
would it, just one form line doesnt overwrite how good fury has been the last few years and how bad AJ has been at times, knowing full well he has a glass jaw and fighting scared. sadly Hearn will never put AJ in with Fury