Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I half expected a dodgy decision there to rob Parker. Thankfully that didn’t happen. Wilder looked genuinely gun shy but Parker did brilliantly. Pleased for him, always comes across a nice bloke. Shot the Wilder Joshua
fight to smithereens. Ha wonder what odds a Wilder/Joshua defeat double would have been…

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
AJ looked decent, more proactive than his last fight. Not put under any pressure really though. Timing was excellent on the punches and was positive in his intent.

What was learnt tonight? Wilder was shocking and going by his post match interview he doesn't care, so I reckon he could sail off into the sunset. Parker got the statement victory to put him back on the map. I think it would be a good scrap versus Zhang.

AJ can sit and wait for the Fury v Uysk winner. Well that's what steady Eddy will tell us all 😄

Pin-seeker

Visit site
AJ looked decent, more proactive than his last fight. Not put under any pressure really though. Timing was excellent on the punches and was positive in his intent.

What was learnt tonight? Wilder was shocking and going by his post match interview he doesn't care, so I reckon he could sail off into the sunset. Parker got the statement victory to put him back on the map. I think it would be a good scrap versus Zhang.

AJ can sit and wait for the Fury v Uysk winner. Well that's what steady Eddy will tell us all 😄
I wouldn’t like to make a prediction in any heavyweight fight at the minute.
So unpredictable.
Fury & Usyk poor in last fights,Wilder just lost.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Beterbiev dismantled Smith really easily. He certainly looks the real deal - 20 fights and 20 KO’s. I like Smith and he’s only been bestest by P4P contenders - but he offered little in this fight. I hope Beterbiev v Bivol happens this year, one of the biggest fights to make.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beterbiev dismantled Smith really easily. He certainly looks the real deal - 20 fights and 20 KO’s. I like Smith and he’s only been bestest by P4P contenders - but he offered little in this fight. I hope Beterbiev v Bivol happens this year, one of the biggest fights to make.
I thought that would be the case unfortunately (didn't see it but will catch up). And you're right in that he seems to fall short against top, top level opposition, going into his shell.

I note with interest Bellew on X implying Beterbiev is on "something"...

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought that would be the case unfortunately (didn't see it but will catch up). And you're right in that he seems to fall short against top, top level opposition, going into his shell.

I note with interest Bellew on X implying Beterbiev is on "something"...
I think there was an “adverse finding” but within normal levels. I semi-fancied Smith, especially at 7/2 for the win. Unfortunately, the bookies are rarely wrong. Not sure where he goes now as he won’t beat Beterbiev or Bivol.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think there was an “adverse finding” but within normal levels. I semi-fancied Smith, especially at 7/2 for the win. Unfortunately, the bookies are rarely wrong. Not sure where he goes now as he won’t beat Beterbiev or Bivol.
I think he will hang up his gloves. His words after the fight imply that he hasn't got the motivation to fight on at tier 2 level.