Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of heavyweights announced: Joshua v Ngannou, Zhang v Parker.

I like the second one better than the first. Arguable, parker has earned this level after beating a version of Wilder that was high on something. Zhang wins for me mid-rounds.

The first, I still have a problem with, similar to Fury v Ngannou. Ngannou was better than I thought v Tyson, but can't help say that he has jumped the queue big-time. All the other heavyweights that have climbed the ladder have been overtaken by a 1-fight pro novice, who has the weight of box office behind him. These pro fighters must be really angry. Joshua really should put him away in a few rounds as I know AJ will take Ngannou more seriously that the GK.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

I like the second one better than the first. Arguable, parker has earned this level after beating a version of Wilder that was high on something. Zhang wins for me mid-rounds.

The first, I still have a problem with, similar to Fury v Ngannou. Ngannou was better than I thought v Tyson, but can't help say that he has jumped the queue big-time. All the other heavyweights that have climbed the ladder have been overtaken by a 1-fight pro novice, who has the weight of box office behind him. These pro fighters must be really angry. Joshua really should put him away in a few rounds as I know AJ will take Ngannou more seriously that the GK.

I'm actually getting rather bored of all these stupid fights. I simply don't care who wins.

If Ngannou is here to stay in boxing, he should be trying to get his record up and gain experience against other opponents. Joshua just adding to his bank balance as per.

Zhang looks like a real beast, will he even get a chance at a title though? In this weird boxing world - maybe not!

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Unfortunately, as soon as Ngannou knocked Fury over he was always going to be fighting Joshua or Wilder. The problem for Joshua is that Ngannou punches hard and can throw combinations. Literally Joshua’s worst nightmare. I’m intrigued by it to be honest.

Parker was good against Wilder - who looked a shadow of himself. I know Zhang performed well against Joyce. But Joyce is a slow plodder who’s best attribute was supposedly his chin. Before the Joyce fight Zhang gave Hrgovic huge problems, but he managed to eek out a win. I think Parker could win on points.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Away on holiday near Valencia. "Talking" to a German guy in the lift, massive until we saw his mate.

He is training with Usyk prior to fight with Fury. They were some size!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Joshua v Ngannou tonight.
I see Joshua winning comfortably.
After seeing Fury struggle & get a dodgy win against him I reckon he’ll want to make a statement.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just read Jake Paul has agreed to fight… Mike Tyson. What is going on!

Saw this too, absolutely laughable.

Tyson is an icon for sure, but fighting him at 55+ is just an absolute joke.

Really bored of Jake Paul, all he does is shout about how hes going to fight for a title and yet hes still not faced 1 actual real boxer. I do not count Tommy Fury as one at all.

Hope Tyson just does him but very unlikely.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Looking forward to tonight. Stand out fight is Zhang vs Parker, although wouldn’t mind seeing Joshua KO’d. Not his biggest fan and Ngannou can bang.

Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson makes way for some mild entertainment. Everyone loves Mike so a good move for both of them to stay relevant. It being streamed on Netflix was a very smart move also. People hate on these YouTubers but they are getting paid a lot of money so can’t really knock them for going out there and taking the loot.

Boxing, especially the heavyweight division is in a bad state at the moment largely thanks to Tyson Fury but I’ll still watch the fights, not a chance I’d pay for them tho.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to tonight. Stand out fight is Zhang vs Parker, although wouldn’t mind seeing Joshua KO’d. Not his biggest fan and Ngannou can bang.

Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson makes way for some mild entertainment. Everyone loves Mike so a good move for both of them to stay relevant. It being streamed on Netflix was a very smart move also. People hate on these YouTubers but they are getting paid a lot of money so can’t really knock them for going out there and taking the loot.

Boxing, especially the heavyweight division is in a bad state at the moment largely thanks to Tyson Fury but I’ll still watch the fights, not a chance I’d pay for them tho.
I'm with you on this. Zhang v Parker is more interesting to me.

AJ v Ng, I can take it or leave it.

Jake Paul. :poop: