Boxing/UFC 2018-24

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Lopez excellent tonight, Taylor really poor, not sure where he goes from here.
You can’t go into a world title fight 18 months after your last fight in my opinion, seems like madness.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lopez excellent tonight, Taylor really poor, not sure where he goes from here.
You can’t go into a world title fight 18 months after your last fight in my opinion, seems like madness.
Yes. Called it that Taylor would lose and so it happened. Taylor was desperately fortunate to 'beat' Catterall and was found out again. Time for him to move up to a more natural weight.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So a bit to discuss.

Volkanovski’s amazing recent performance and quickly accumulating legacy. Current P4P and potentially the best featherweight ever?

Joshua vs Whyte. Both on a downward trajectory, but still has the hallmarks for a great fight given how much these dislike each other.

Fury vs Ngannou under boxing regulations. Surely Fury has too much for Ngannou in the squared circle? I don’t think he’s as a devastating puncher (despite the uppercut vs Overeem) as Wilder, but maybe more technically proficient.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
So a bit to discuss.

Volkanovski’s amazing recent performance and quickly accumulating legacy. Current P4P and potentially the best featherweight ever?

Joshua vs Whyte. Both on a downward trajectory, but still has the hallmarks for a great fight given how much these dislike each other.

Fury vs Ngannou under boxing regulations. Surely Fury has too much for Ngannou in the squared circle? I don’t think he’s as a devastating puncher (despite the uppercut vs Overeem) as Wilder, but maybe more technically proficient.
Joshua v Whyte. Initially I was very 'meh' about this but I'm warming up to it as I think that Whyte has a reasonable chance to KO Joshua and end his career. Joshua need a big statement win to get that next star billing fight.

Fury v Ngannou. I know zip about Ngannou. What I do know is that he hasn't a professional boxing record, thus for me, this is novelty fight and I'll only watch if its free or a stream. The shame is that Fury doesn't have a mandatory currently, so it leads to have these type of fights. If you look at who Fury has fought since Wilder, it's Whyte, Chisora and next is Ngannou. :unsure: .The heavyweight scene is crap.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Joshua v Whyte. Initially I was very 'meh' about this but I'm warming up to it as I think that Whyte has a reasonable chance to KO Joshua and end his career. Joshua need a big statement win to get that next star billing fight.

Fury v Ngannou. I know zip about Ngannou. What I do know is that he hasn't a professional boxing record, thus for me, this is novelty fight and I'll only watch if its free or a stream. The shame is that Fury doesn't have a mandatory currently, so it leads to have these type of fights. If you look at who Fury has fought since Wilder, it's Whyte, Chisora and next is Ngannou. :unsure: .The heavyweight scene is crap.
Yeah, the Joshua Whyte fight does still hold interest. Joshua seems to have lost all confidence in his chin - and comes across as a little gun shy because of it. Whyte will make him engage, for sure. Could be a quick one either way as Whyte has been toppled a few times now. Their last fight was a brilliant and conclusive event. I expect the same this time, not sure who will come out the victor though.

Ngannou is a legitimate MMA fighter. Biggest punching heavyweight in UFC history. Google his knockout of Alistair Overeem. Ridiculous. He relinquished his belt with eyes on bigger purses. Looks like he got what he was hoping for. However, despite his MMA game being almost entirely boxing based, he is not a boxer. This is being fought under the rules of boxing. I see Fury schooling him and taking him out in the mid rounds.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure,can’t stand her & Paddy.
Both average at best & over hyped.
The fact that she’s co main event is a joke.
Been a few poor cards recently tbh.
UFC 291 looks good tho.
Poirier v Gaethje will be 🔥
Looking forward to seeing Aspinall though. Difficult matchup vs Tybura.

UFC 291 looks amazing. Poirier v Gaethje will be a barnstormer. Blachowicz V Pereira will be not far behind.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Jake Paul comfortably beat Nate Diaz, including scoring a knock down. The list of the top tier MMA fighters he’s beaten continues to grow. Diaz was meant to be one of the better MMA boxers too. It’s a good business model - and whether you respect Paul or not, he’s getting it done.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
On holiday still so catching up with news over here. Annoyed that Joshua fight is off and that Whyte is up in the dock again. Perhaps he can hook up Benn's lawyers and get himself off 🤣

I know zero about Nate but when I saw him pre fight squared up against Paul his arms looked pencil thin. Wasn't that surprised then that Paul won - he doesn't look that bad as a boxer (for a Tuber).

I'll try and catch the Crawford v Spence fight when I get back home 🏜

Pin-seeker

Visit site
On holiday still so catching up with news over here. Annoyed that Joshua fight is off and that Whyte is up in the dock again. Perhaps he can hook up Benn's lawyers and get himself off 🤣

I know zero about Nate but when I saw him pre fight squared up against Paul his arms looked pencil thin. Wasn't that surprised then that Paul won - he doesn't look that bad as a boxer (for a Tuber).

I'll try and catch the Crawford v Spence fight when I get back home 🏜
There’s a reason he keeps fighting ex UFC fighters…….. they’re not boxers.
Apparently they’re going to fight mma next.
Diaz would tie him in knots 😂