Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’d take the belts off Fury for fighting Nagannou.
Talks of Fury v Usyk
Wilder v Joshua
On a super heavy weight card in Saudi 😂
More chance of platting P.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’ve just seen the line up for this card. Pimblett is up against Ferguson. I know Ferguson has lost his last 5 or 6 and probably should have retired - he’ll surely be too big a step up for the scouser?
Not sure tbh mate.
Ferguson looks well past it to me.
Would love to see him KO Paddy tho 😊

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I always worry when a boxers best attribute is their chin. Joyce was always ridiculously slow, but he looked like he was in slow motion there. Horrible knock out. Zhang is a unit but is a slow plodder. The top guys dispatch him.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Frank Warren just saying that Joyce just got caught by a good shot...almost suggesting that Zhang was lucky.

Joyce hardly laid a glove on Zhang and was battered inside three rounds.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Joyce was slow, limited and thought he could walk through anyone's punches. He's nowhere near top level, needs a big overhaul to comeback.

Zhang was better this time and better than I thought he would be, however difficult to really tell against a sitting duck. Who could he fight next? I think a few serious contenders may look at that and think I'd rather not take the risk!

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So Olveira & Costa pull out of their fights for UFC 294z
Islam now fights Volk
Chimaev fights Usman.

Would love to see Volk get the win,arguably should have in the first fight.

Can’t see Usman beating Chimaev.
Usman looks on the decline.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Was never a fan of Dillon Danis,but he’s absolutely destroyed Logan Paul in the build up to this joke of a fight 😂

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
having never watched any of these youtuber fights previously I watched last night to make up my own mind in whether they are any good.

The Paul/Danis fight was terrible, Danis just spent the whole fight running away and although Paul was very enthusiastic he just didn’t have the skills to break Danis down. Danis even tried some take down moves and failed those.

KSI/Fury, again terrible. Atleast both fighters wanted to engage in this one, but just a hugging fest. If Fury wants to follow his ambition of making strides in the pro game then he will need to seriously improve, maybe he struggled with KSI just running at him but a pro should be able to avoid that and break him down over 6 rounds I’d have thought.

Apparently tickets to attend last night started at £340, how anyone can think that is good enough value to pay I do not understand. Even the £20 for ppv is ridiculous (no I didn’t pay it).

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
having never watched any of these youtuber fights previously I watched last night to make up my own mind in whether they are any good.

The Paul/Danis fight was terrible, Danis just spent the whole fight running away and although Paul was very enthusiastic he just didn’t have the skills to break Danis down. Danis even tried some take down moves and failed those.

KSI/Fury, again terrible. Atleast both fighters wanted to engage in this one, but just a hugging fest. If Fury wants to follow his ambition of making strides in the pro game then he will need to seriously improve, maybe he struggled with KSI just running at him but a pro should be able to avoid that and break him down over 6 rounds I’d have thought.

Apparently tickets to attend last night started at £340, how anyone can think that is good enough value to pay I do not understand. Even the £20 for ppv is ridiculous (no I didn’t pay it).
Brutal! Danis was an embarrassment.

But Fury - wow… terrible. No idea how to cope with the awkward (but fast to be fair) KSI, who looked to have a kind of kickboxing stance going on. He was clearly trying to tie up Fury - and it worked. Fury was lucky on the scorecards, especially with the points deduction. He should stick to fighting these no marks for decent money, as I don’t think he has any chance against top level legitimate pros.

Also, how amateurish was the commentary? I dislike Helwani anyway, but it was a joke.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched on a cheeky free stream. That was a pile of 💩, boxing wise. Danis was laughable bad, not even throwing a punch. Shame being an unlicensed event he cant have his fee withheld (or can he?). Even in the dreadful melee at the end he couldn't even tag any of the security in the ring. 🤡🤣. Paul was game and I'll leave it at that.

KSI was a bit better than I thought, but looked like a wannabe JJ fighter mixed with a bar-room slugger. Fury was frankly awful and is regional level at best. Laughable that he has world aspirations. He was lucky to get that decison. Take away his name and Love Island connections, he is nothing.

Being a purist boxing fan, last night was awful skillwise. As an event, lots of hype and a decent show. It dragged me in to watch as a voyeur....rubber necking if you like 🫣😄