Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Apart from Whyte, I don’t know anyone who Franklin has fought. I expect Joshua wins by KO in the middle rounds. Franklin did look in a bit better shape. Joshua is after a big payday. He gets destroyed by the big boys though.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Froch and McGregor is just social media noise to drum a non event that could earn them tonnes of cash. Much like Floyd is doing now with his "exhibitions" - anyone know that Floyd's first ever UK fight happened a few weeks ago?

AJ. Coming in at a career heaviest, showing lots of bulk. Wasn't too long ago that we were told that a heavy AJ gasses early and is far too slow. Let's see tonight. He should have too much for Franklin but we know that AJ has a bit of glass chin at top level.

Fury. Shame they couldn't make the Uysk fight. Love him or hate him, he is the main public draw and thus puts him in the driving seat regarding split; 70-30 is more than generous towards Fury though. Just don't want Fury to take another nothing fight as a stop-gap; these fighters and promoters have got to do better and get these top fights arranged more quickly and regularly.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Froch and McGregor is just social media noise to drum a non event that could earn them tonnes of cash. Much like Floyd is doing now with his "exhibitions" - anyone know that Floyd's first ever UK fight happened a few weeks ago?

AJ. Coming in at a career heaviest, showing lots of bulk. Wasn't too long ago that we were told that a heavy AJ gasses early and is far too slow. Let's see tonight. He should have too much for Franklin but we know that AJ has a bit of glass chin at top level.

Fury. Shame they couldn't make the Uysk fight. Love him or hate him, he is the main public draw and thus puts him in the driving seat regarding split; 70-30 is more than generous towards Fury though. Just don't want Fury to take another nothing fight as a stop-gap; these fighters and promoters have got to do better and get these top fights arranged more quickly and regularly.
Mayweather fought some no-mark from Geordie Shore I believe.

I have a feeling Joshua is reverting to type and hoping for an early KO, hence the weight. Franklin has come in considerably leaner than against Whyte. If it goes pat 6 or 7 rounds Joshua May regret coming in so heavy.

Fury is THE draw. Agree he shouldn’t take a nothing fight. If he doesn’t fight Usyk next, would like to see Wilder in there with the Ukrainian. Total mismatch of boxing abilities. But Wilder will always have a chance with whoever he is in there with his punching power.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Comfortable win. But bar a few odd moments over the 12 rounds that was as stiff, robotic and reluctant to engage I’ve seen Joshua. Fair play to Franklin soundly beaten but didn’t shy away and took some decent punches.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Did we learn anything new from that AJ fight?

Not really. Won the fight comfortably as expected.

Nothing I saw tonight that would worry Usyk, Fury, Wilder, Joyce, etc.
Best thing Joshua can do is fight Fury,for one final big pay day(not that he needs it).

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Adesanya with a crazy KO. Knocked him stiff. I thought Pereira was putting together a fight winning combo. He got caught, then a punch behind the ear starched him. Great finish. Guess it will be re-ran again! Although it was a bad knockout.

Masvidal appeared to retire. Probably a wise decision. I thought he might do a Diaz and basically be a cash cow for big fights; win, lose or draw.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah. Juggernaut broke down there. Far too square and easy to hit. Disappointingly average and based on that, Joyce wouldn’t lay a glove on Usyk let alone Fury.
Agree. Undoubtedly tough but slow, cumbersome and effectively a punching bag. He’d get destroyed by Usyk and Fury. Wouldn’t mind seeing him in there against Joshua though. His output would give Joshua kittens.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Really messy fight Okolie v Billam-Smith. Okolie seemed more interested in wrestling for 1st half of fight, but maybe starting now