Bowood golf resort,Wiltshire.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Ive been invited to play it,would appreciate anyone’s opinions on the course as it’s a bit of a drive for me & just weighing up if it’s worth the trip.
Cheers.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I live local and played a few times. Nice course but suffers in the wet. Not stayed at the hotel but looks nice, not sure I would call it a golf resort though. They have swapped the front and back nine recently so you have some long holes early on.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I was a member there for over 10 years up till 2009..... it's a typical Dave Thomas. Big Greens, big bunkers and if you get it in good condition well worth the visit

What do you call "a bit of a drive?";)
150 mile.
Cheers

AliMc

Visit site
I played at Bowood not long after it opened for the Scottish Post Office in our British championships, 4 rounds in 2 days, it had been a wet spell and was playing very long, I thought i played pretty well and shot in the high 70's (off 4 I think) in the 2 competition rounds, a 19 year old postman from Inverness shot 69 (iirc) in the 1st round, members were coming up to him asking if he was the guy who shot 69, they were amazed, was absolutely shattered after the 2 days

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I've driven further for worse courses! :ROFLMAO:

There are a few Bowood videos on you tube will give a flavour. Rick Shiels playing Robbie Williams springs to mind
Dan Hendriksen has a youtube video when he played it end of last year from memory. They seemed to rate the course.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played at Bowood not long after it opened for the Scottish Post Office in our British championships, 4 rounds in 2 days, it had been a wet spell and was playing very long, I thought i played pretty well and shot in the high 70's (off 4 I think) in the 2 competition rounds, a 19 year old postman from Inverness shot 69 (iirc) in the 1st round, members were coming up to him asking if he was the guy who shot 69, they were amazed, was absolutely shattered after the 2 days

Tough course, 72 holes in two days, I would imagine it was a survival of the fittest, not the best.
I would have thought there were multiple no returns.
I found it a good, tough course but I would not have enjoyed playing it on a regular basis. Similar to Dundonald in that respect.