Bought a new car today

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just ordered and paid deposit on a Fiat 500 for the Mrs. Fair play, for ta little car it's awesome fun to drive, and looks pretty as well. Got loads of extra's too, got to wait 12-14 weeks now before it arrives :mad:

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
We wanted to get the 1.4 16v ByDiesel Limited Edition in Black, but they have already gone. The limited edition comes in Green, Brown or Black, 1.2, 1.3 diesel or 1.4. All the Black, and all the 1.4 have gone. They only made 500 of them to be distributed around Europe.

We've gone for a Lounge version, with all the extras we wanted, and a few other accessories and options to spec it up practically identical (only £140 difference ).

M1tch

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just ordered and paid deposit on a Fiat 500 for the Mrs. Fair play, for ta little car it's awesome fun to drive, and looks pretty as well. Got loads of extra's too, got to wait 12-14 weeks now before it arrives :mad:

12-14 weeks ?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! thats too long hahaha

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
nd there's me thinking they didn't make Dinky toys anymore! :D

Hope she enjoys it.........when it arrives. I remember the original, bloody awful little car but cheap as chips.
Funky looking car, the new one, just hope there's room inside for Big Ears!!! :D

Gustavo

Head Pro
Visit site
Gutted at having to wait so long. The reason is, because we've chosen so many extra's, ( Electric sun-roof, Tan and Ivory Leather interior etc ) the car is being built for us in Italy, then sent to Poland for Painting, then it'll get to the dealership in Cardiff for the body kit extra's. The Mrs originally wanted a Mini, but I persuaded her to get this.

I'm tempted to get an Abarth version for myself, but I'd struggle to get the clubs in the boot. I did drive one today, it was loads of fun. I had a huge grin on my face when I got out of it.
http://www.fiat.co.uk/500abarth/

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Nooooooooooo !!!!

Don't say that now :(

Smashing little cars the new 500's. We've got the Fiat franchise within our group and they are selling like hot cakes. I haven't driven one yet, (I am on the used side of things), but we had one on the forecourt for display purposes shortly after they first came out, and I was very, very impressed with the quality feel of it.
I wouldn't turn one away, and don't take any notice of people saying they are unreliable. Fiat engines have always been some of the best...it was the bodywork that let them down. But those days are over now what with galvanising etc.
Enjoy your new motor. Sounds like it's going to be a cracker.

DCB

Visit site
I don't know what model it is. But there's only one to have. The white one with the Italian Green White and Red stripes.

My wife was in looking at changing her car last week and we watched someone signing for and driving away one of these little beauties. It certainly looks very nice.

The Arbath version is certainly a head turner.

But as someone said,not enough room for the clubs in the boot !

The first criteria my wife has for any car, a look in the boot and "will my clubs fit in her ?"

She ended up with a very good deal on another Punto.

I drove a Panda and then a Uno in the early 1980s and the current crop are way better than anything they had on the go at that time. The wife has driven Tipos and Puntos for the past 12 years with no problems. Nice cheap and cheerful motors.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think they look horrible.
Not driven one so I can't comment on that but the shape and "fashion" status just turn me right off.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know what model it is. But there's only one to have. The white one with the Italian Green White and Red stripes.

I don't like small cars. But I'd have that one.

There's someone near us got one in that livery & it looks the buisiness. If I didn't need a car to carry Golf clubs & PA & Amps & guitars, or Myself & the missus complete with more luggage than a Treck up Mt Everest, then I might also seriously consider the quirky little 500, especially in that White racing colours scheme.