Boris the PM - a new beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My Mrs is close to an elderly cousin who lives in Yorkshire and has been ringing her a lot as she is a bit down with self isolation.
After tonight's call my wife was upset as her cousin had perked up quite a bit as 'Boris had said we will all be out of it in a couple of weeks'
She did not have the heart to tell her the truth.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Mrs is close to an elderly cousin who lives in Yorkshire and has been ringing her a lot as she is a bit down with self isolation.
After tonight's call my wife was upset as her cousin had perked up quite a bit as 'Boris had said we will all be out of it in a couple of weeks'
She did not have the heart to tell her the truth.
What - that he hasn't said any such thing. Or are we making it up again

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
What - that he hasn't said any such thing. Or are we making it up again

To be fair it isn't too far away from what he said, or at least the spin the media might be putting on it. He is reported as saying he'd like to see everyone back at work by the 26th. Quite what the detail is and how an old person might interpret it, who knows.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
As I said in a previous post, in the US I doubt it. You have a president who is kind of encouraging people in Democratic states to rebel against lockdowns leading to gun toting 'patriots' going into state capitol buildings. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52496514 So I doubt you'll get a large enough percentage to use an app if the request comes from the government.

As for the UK I am not sure if young people will listen to the Tory government enough to make it work. And most of the old people who voted Tory probably cant use a smart phone anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes, correct, I reckon. I have one and use some of it.
HID has ordinary mobile phone. So does my mate. I even have a job to get him to switch it on. The no brainier argument -that if switched on and he collapses, he can be found- doesn't convince?
Someone on here uses a watch for mail, music, paying bills, I believe.
Jeez, I feel light years behind. ?

But, seriously, overall the app will be a good thing.

U

User62651

So apparently he nearly died, yet wasn't put on a ventilator, talk about propaganda spin at the highest level.

Remember folks, question everything.

Would like to give Boris the benefit of the doubt for once but you just can't help but think this sympathy card played yesterday was orchestrated for a reason, I guess everything released to media is, not sure what the point of it was really, he came out of hospital weeks ago after all and did the platitudes to NHS staff back then. I don't doubt he we as very ill though just by the look of him even now, bit sunken looking. What reinforcing to us how ill he was does, who knows, maybe looking at more time off. It won't affect whether people like or trust him anymore.

Longer term I think he'll do the 5 years and move on, not convinced he really sees PM job as a long term thing and it's a tough road ahead. He's not a Thatcher or Brown, i.e. a workaholic politician, he'll tire of it by 60 imo.

User20204

Visit site
That may be so but please explain your source of information about his treatment and why you believe it was propaganda and spin at the highest level. I'm sure you will have an explanation.

There you go again asking me to do your work for you, well much like the last time, do your own research, I'm not your donkey.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Would like to give Boris the benefit of the doubt for once but you just can't help but think this sympathy card played yesterday was orchestrated for a reason, I guess everything released to media is, not sure what the point of it was really, he came out of hospital weeks ago after all and did the platitudes to NHS staff back then. I don't doubt he we as very ill though just by the look of him even now, bit sunken looking. What reinforcing to us how ill he was does, who knows, maybe looking at more time off. It won't affect whether people like or trust him anymore.

Longer term I think he'll do the 5 years and move on, not convinced he really sees PM job as a long term thing and it's a tough road ahead. He's not a Thatcher or Brown, i.e. a workaholic politician, he'll tire of it by 60 imo.
i would tend to agree, its doesn't right to me. but thats what you get when you have a serial liar, i would tend to question everything he says.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Wife said he was close .. she is right of centre but even she was struggling.
I think the hospital pulled the stops out. A PM dying is bad PR .. ! Either way you look at it they did a good job. The thing is if he was that close is he going to change his attitudes? Time will tell.
Let’s just be happy he is back in charge of his government.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i would tend to agree, its doesn't right to me. but thats what you get when you have a serial liar, i would tend to question everything he says.
Unbelieveable, talk about kicking a man when hes down. Anyone who can suggest he and the NHS I presume; could say Boris was making up the seriousness of his illness needs to take a long look at themselves.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Unbelieveable, talk about kicking a man when hes down. Anyone who can suggest he and the NHS I presume; could say Boris was making up the seriousness of his illness needs to take a long look at themselves.
well thats what happens when you tell lie after lie, i would tend to take every thing with a pinch of salt.

you might believe everything he says and does... i don't

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Its every opportunity taken to criticise the Conservatives, Boris, Parliament etc .... maybe look closer to home at their own Leader, Party and Parliament- hardly a beacon for how politics should be run ?

Status
Not open for further replies.