Boris has Covid 19

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Perhaps intervention sooner?

Yeah well in a perfect world, I've just got in from work and have now had a tidy up and given out a couple of infractions.
I'm furloughed from tomorrow so will be monitoring a bit more closely ,

But the point is that I shouldn't need to.........:mad:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Yeah well in a perfect world, I've just got in from work and have now had a tidy up and given out a couple of infractions.
I'm furloughed from tomorrow so will be monitoring a bit more closely ,

But the point is that I shouldn't need to.........:mad:

I agree you shouldn't have to and I really only notice one other mod on here. The rest have disappeared.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
You do know the outcome stats for when you are put onto a ventilator...they are not good. Hopefully just oxygen and NOT ventilator.

Do you know the outcome stats, based on early intervention etc? Not your best post Hugh. Potentially, there'll be people on here whose relatives end up on a vent. Throwing ignorant comments out there isn't wise.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do you know the outcome stats, based on early intervention etc? Not your best post Hugh. Potentially, there'll be people on here whose relatives end up on a vent. Throwing ignorant comments out there isn't wise.
As a reposte to that poor post we have moved three ventilated patients back to a normal respiratory ward today and off the vent. From my perspective I was surmising it may be a ventilator based on the cases I've seen at my ICU. It may be hi-flow oxygen but either way he's needing a lot of support to his lungs.

D

Deleted member 1740

That may be - but we should remember that stats never apply to an individual patient
We know three people who have come off ventilators in the past week - one got home this morning
Here's hoping

It does. You either survive or die thats 50/50 ?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As far as I am aware, going on a vent is 50/50. Not sugar coating, but the stats don't lie.

The comments in my LBC News link clearly states 'he's been moved to ICU as a precaution in case he requires ventilation to aid his recovery', lets hope it doesn't come to that, but my only concern, is that he does't come across as the fittest of people, and I assume in a position like his, his diet and sleep patterns aren't brilliant, lets just hope with the proper care in hospital rather than at home isolating, he starts to show some improvement quickly.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry - not meant to be upsetting but it's been publicised (I won't post a link but it is easy enough to find)...the point is that most who go into hospital do not go anywhere near a ventilator so it's not something you'd really want. Also I am hearing first hand ITU nurse experience from UCLH - plus from a very senior ITU nurse who is going to be training nurses at the Nightingale on intensive care using ventilators.

So that when Homer said 'Hopefully it'll be to go on a ventilator to support his lung function and nothing more serious than that...' I'm hoping it isn't. I hope it is simply precautionary.

Last edited: