Boris has Covid 19

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Boris Interview being played on radio over here he saying ive been shaking alot of hands lately i was in a hospital shaking hands . I Didnt quiet catch the last bit but was something like " il continue to shake hands "
Some example to others

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Boris Interview being played on radio over here he saying ive been shaking alot of hands lately i was in a hospital shaking hands . I Didnt quiet catch the last bit but was something like " il continue to shake hands "
Some example to others

He has been walking the existential tightrope between what he fundamentally believes in with regards the influence of the state, personal freedom etc and the need of the state to effectively take over in a crisis. Luckily he has not gone full Trump and we mostly do not have the nut job commentators here like they do in the US who seem to think that hundreds of thousands of people are OK to die as long as it saves the Dow Jones and protects some amendment written decades ago.

But pretty sure he has not been shaking hands recently, may well have been an old sound bite said when he was in more Trump mode before he came to his senses.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
He has been walking the existential tightrope between what he fundamentally believes in with regards the influence of the state, personal freedom etc and the need of the state to effectively take over in a crisis. Luckily he has not gone full Trump and we mostly do not have the nut job commentators here like they do in the US who seem to think that hundreds of thousands of people are OK to die as long as it saves the Dow Jones and protects some amendment written decades ago.

But pretty sure he has not been shaking hands recently, may well have been an old sound bite said when he was in more Trump mode before he came to his senses.
Could well b mate . Only caught part of it .

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
[QUOTE Removed .[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it would be better to say maybe it would be better if certain people were relegated to a position of zero power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Perhaps it would be better to say maybe it would be better if certain people were relegated to a position of zero power.
That’s the ideal and how Trump hasn’t been impeached again I don’t know. But being realistic only one thing takes those two out of power at this stage. Ugh.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Removed ?[/QUOTE said:
My post was not a judgement on who the virus should kill or not .. It was indicating that to be so selective was not possible.
Besides Trump is as much a hero to some people, as he is a twit to others.. in the end majority wins the decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I see Dominic Cumming has succumbed. It's going around Westminster at a rate of notes. They're not of my political persuasion but I hope they all recover without any complications.

Amusing, if tactless (and possibly tasteless) Tweet by a Times man....
'Dominic Cummings is now self-isolating. Imagine what he will look like after two weeks of letting himself go.'
As per sentiment above and a comment about that Tweet... I wish Cummings well.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
There have been some really nasty unpleasant and downright vicious posts on this thread and it simply has to stop.

Some posters are walking a very fine line and the next step will be to hand out a couple of bans.

I am reluctant to do this, as we are all confined to barracks and The Forum represents contact with the outside world, we are a family, albeit one with the odd weird uncle, and I would ask everyone to look at what you are posting, before you hit the post reply button and THINK about what you are saying.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
There have been some really nasty unpleasant and downright vicious posts on this thread and it simply has to stop.

Some posters are walking a very fine line and the next step will be to hand out a couple of bans.

I am reluctant to do this, as we are all confined to barracks and The Forum represents contact with the outside world, we are a family, albeit one with the odd weird uncle, and I would ask everyone to look at what you are posting, before you hit the post reply button and THINK about what you are saying.

Perhaps intervention sooner?

A couple of horrendous posts. Wishing death on anyone shows a lack of morals and education. That alone merits a ban.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps intervention sooner?

A couple of horrendous posts. Wishing death on anyone shows a lack of morals and education. That alone merits a ban.
Perhaps people should be more disciplined in what they post.

Mods won't be sitting on the internet watching out for idiot posters, they have their own lives to lead outside a golf forum.