Boris has Covid 19

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I believe you probably know already what I am going to reply... It's DomCum's health that should be of concern as he's the one pulling the strings...

The Russians playing "silly buggers" is almost a daily occurrence and I'd be surprised if there's not well drilled procedures in place...

You really need a tinfoil hat

Russians don't normally play games in such big numbers however it's something we should look at, perfect way to isolate the RN

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm both amazed and disappointed that some posts have taken the opportunity to have a personal dig at the PM, Health Secretary and others in authoritative positions. First and foremost they are fellow human beings who have being struck by an illness. Of course, as members of the Cabinet for the UK, they will have and deserve their health to be monitored, how can anybody honestly expect them to be at the 'back' of the notional queue.

D

Deleted member 1740

Because he's in charge of running the country and therefore a key worker.

Can be annoyed about it all you like but its a fact he has an important role in this and should have been tested, same if it was first minister or any head of Parliament in any country.

Genuinely what about the key workers on the frontline in direct contact with people carrying the virus who are being told any symptoms self isolate for 7 days, who aren’t being tested?

Irrespective of importance, everybody working in and round hospitals or suffering should have access to the test.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm both amazed and disappointed that some posts have taken the opportunity to have a personal dig at the PM, Health Secretary and others in authoritative positions. First and foremost they are fellow human beings who have being struck by an illness. Of course, as members of the Cabinet for the UK, they will have and deserve their health to be monitored, how can anybody honestly expect them to be at the 'back' of the notional queue.

I second this. I don't like Boris or his policies but he is a human being. Has a pregnent fiancee who can he see ATM? At a time of great stress for the nation aswell

Wish him all the best

U

User62651

Not sure if mentioned already but he has a pregnant partner, not good.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chris Whitty - the governments chief medical guy - has now announced that he is self isolating with symptoms similar to Covid 19.

U

User62651

If Boris and Whitty and Hancock and PoW all brush it off as not serious and are seen to be actively working whilst having it, does that give ammo to those not taking it seriously?
How should leaders handle it, publicly at least?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
If Boris and Whitty and Hancock and PoW all brush it off as not serious and are seen to be actively working whilst having it, does that give ammo to those not taking it seriously?
How should leaders handle it, publicly at least?
They should lead by example. I’d recommend that Boris self isolates for a period of 3-6 years just to be certain.....

in all seriousness though, imagine the PR if Boris had refused the test and said that someone on the frontline should receive it instead, then followed the guidelines and self isolated for 7 days. He’d be being knighted by the time this was over.

Leaders lead. Bosses boss. As true as it ever was....