bone dry yellow fairways

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
A different hole from only 5 days ago. It now looks the same as above.

DgzhQcKXkAUqFBR.jpg

D

Deleted member 15717

Got some photos that better show our place at the minute...

Another angle of the 1st..
18D353F0-6C61-4EE3-B01C-5B863B85BEFD.jpg

A view of the 10th fairway...
9D3C0E89-2560-4F66-8A3E-0406AFC82F90.jpg

And from the 18the tee box
0343FB79-0552-4CB4-8E04-EE852DB35952.jpg

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played Twisted Stone (Traditions) GC on Saturday and they'd had an irrigation issue that meant they couldn't get any water on the course for most of June. They lost the fairways and almost every green. The greens were slowly coming back having been watered day and night for the past 2 weeks however they were still pretty patchy.

A good drive down the centre of the fairway would either run on for 300 odd yards of take a 90 degree kick sideways if you were unfortunate enough to hit a rut. Was a bit of a lottery all in all.

zk36vo.jpg

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve not been down littlestone for a few weeks but can only imagine it’s burnt to a crisp and will be like driving down a runway.
Played a course Sunday in an open which is a hill top course, soaked in the winter, but their irrigation system is broke so it’s currently playing like a hilly links. Chap who I played with, who won by 10shots, putted from 140 yards away from the flag on some holes!!!

Some incredible photos in here but I feel like everyone has brushed past the fact someone has won a comp by 10 shots !? Thats some going

D

Deleted member 21258

Royal St Davids were brown(with the low points on the fairways still slightly green) 2 weeks again, due to play there again next week, must be completely brown now. We haven't had rain for weeks now.

Wife really struggles as it like playing from a bare lie and she doesn't hit down/take divots.

Theres a few of pics on their twitter account :-

https://twitter.com/royalstdavidsgc?lang=en

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Forecast this morning was 80% chance of rain here - but at the moment no sign of it whatsoever - and it's baking hot (well 28* in shade).

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
They're a damn nuisance. I've lost that many balls due to them bouncing away into places I've never hit balls before. It's getting on my nerves. Can we have the softer green ones back, but keep the sunshine?

Oh, read the thread now. Our's aren't too bad.:thup: Got some lovely pics from the highest point. Can see Jodrell Bank !!!

Last edited: