Bobby Robson - RIP

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been a fan of this man for many years, though not an avid team supporter I am a football fan and he has always been a favorite of mine, during his reign for the world cup, I felt he could do it, and he very nearly did. It would have been so good for him if he had that on his CV before leaving us....shame.RIP

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it is a mark of how highly he was respected by the fact that not ONE sick text has been received about him.

Normally when someone passes, within a couple of hours i've had a dozen.

A true gent and legend of the game. I had a lump in my throat watching him at the Eng v Germany game the previous Sunday. A sad sad loss

The blazored, spineless gits at the FA should have been ashamed at not renewing his contract after reaching the quarters & semi's of consecutive world cups.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought a truer testament to his legacy was the way the minutes applause was so well observed throughout the weekend and especially today at Wembley. A true gent and a football man through and through

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it just me but I think that the minutes silence is a better mark of respect.
I know you get idiots singing etc but i'm certain that wouldn't have happened in this case