Bobby Robson - RIP

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just seen on the news that Bobby Robson has finally lost his fight with cancer.
For me he was one of the great football men, up there with the likes of Shankly, Busby, Ramsay etc.
I'll never forget the 1990 World Cup in Italy, the best tournament I've ever seen (too young for 66) where Bobby came so close to the big one.
Rest in peace Sir Bobby.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A great man. The work he has done to raise money for the fight against the big C should be applauded by all.

RIP

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sir Bobby was a rare commodity. Loved by fans AND rivals , everywhere he went. A true gent , ambassador and a man who showed true passion , not just for football but for life too . He will be sadly missed by millions of people from all walks of life.

I've been listening to Talksport most of today and am not afraid to admit that i got quite tearful listening to some of the tributes being paid to the great man.....with nothing but love and respect coming from fans/players/journalists.

I'll always remember his Ipswich side of the late 70's/early 80's as being a joy to watch and i can almost recall the 1st XI , off pat , of that Ipswich team .

RIP Sir Bob

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just reading some of the tributes to him on the BBC website, this video was there from the Sports Personality show.......impossible to watch without a lump in the throat

RIP Sir Bobby

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bougout his book in a charity shop last week!
really good read! came across as a good guy and a human being
Hope the guy can R.I.P.
Sounds like one of the few good guys!

Never bad mouthed anyone(oh,if we learned the truth)

Jimbo :eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a Fulham fan Bobby Robson had huge connections with the club and so I'm particularly saddened by the news. He was a great manager who worked wonders at Ipswich on a limited budget but produced the best out of his players. He was in my mind arguably the best England manager ever and put together two teams that could have won the World cup apart from the cheating Argie and a deflected German goal (forget penalties if Germany hadn't got that fluke we'd have won)

He proved himself across Europe too. He was a footballing legend and a fine ambassador for the game on and off the pitch. A devoted family man, lover of all sport and a down to earth example of humanity.

RIP

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just reading some of the tributes to him on the BBC website, this video was there from the Sports Personality show.......impossible to watch without a lump in the throat

RIP Sir Bobby

Thanks for posting that Robobum.

So glad he received the Lifetime Achievement Award and was able to watch the recent tribute game against Germany.

The word legend, often overused, not so in Sir Bobbys case.

R.I.P.

Golfmmad.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I hadn't seen the pics of him in the wheelchair at the recent match - shocking to see how "C" had hit him.

As has been said he was a true Gentleman in every way.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
football has lost another great person
condolences to his family
may also keep in mind the much to early death of Paul Mcgrillan, The 4th member of the motherwell squad who won the scottish cup in the 90's