BMW championship May

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Any newbies going get yourself behind the 6th box. It’s a quality viewing point.

Off to just the pro-am this year. Did Pro-am and friday last year and friday year before. Best view point for me is the cross point of the 7th green, 8th tee, 10th green, 11th tee area. Found ourselves sitting at the 8th green and following groups up to watch their tee shots on 9 before nipping back down to the 8th green for the next group in. Also enjoyed watching groups through for a while on the 14th, although I've always had a mates car key to get us in the grandstand!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a cracking day at Wentworth today. As per previous years spent a reasonable time by the 2nd green but also enjoyed a spell in the plebs section of the stand on the 18th. Some cracking views from there and saw some great approach shots. Amazing how 90% of that stand is virtually empty for almost all the day.

Another most enjoyable day.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Important update: due to tomorrow’s weather forecast, play will start at 07:00hrs, with groups playing three balls.

The last match will tee off at 11:00hrs.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm going tomorrow and it looks awful weather.

Probably get there just after 9am. Might follow Casey and Lowery. I was there Friday and tried following McIlroy but it was so busy I gave up and came home in the end.

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
Today was insane! We followed poults for a bit but even that became to busy!

Sat on the 14th grandstand right at the end so I could see the 15th tee box as well and watched the last 15 2 balls come in.

Tomorrow looks terrible... think I’m just going to setup up camp now on 18 as with it being a shorter day it’ll be manic!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Today was insane! We followed poults for a bit but even that became to busy!

Sat on the 14th grandstand right at the end so I could see the 15th tee box as well and watched the last 15 2 balls come in.

Tomorrow looks terrible... think I’m just going to setup up camp now on 18 as with it being a shorter day it’ll be manic!

Just checked the Met Office app - not much rain forecast at all - I see they’ve moved the tee times up, and are playing in 3 balls, so maybe they have a better forecast.

D

Deleted member 21258

Great day yesterday at wentworth, four of us travelled down, really hot and great concert at the end. Walked almost 3 loops of the course and she managed 40,000ish steps and 2 blisters. She has said she doesn't want to go next year:lol:

Still love the place and the height the pros hit their drivers is amazing. Wasn't far from the person that got hit by Rory on the 18th, didn't even hear a shout.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just checked again.

Met office says some rain at about 1300. BBC says rain and thunderstorms all day.

We are only a couple of miles down the road and there was much concern in the clubhouse about 7.30 yesterday over the threat of storms all day, especially first thing and late afternoon. We checked all the usual apps and each conflicted but each said rain at some stage. Not a drop and once the early cloud burned off it was beautiful. It does beg the question how can these apps all get it so wrong?