BMW championship May

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
If you have a BMW you can park on site, otherwise it’s park n ride.
They will ask to see your keys at the BMW owners stands and lounges.

But if you are going on the Tuesday, then you’ll have no problem getting into the stands
This.

Free parking, just follow the bmw owners car park signs.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really?! That's outrageous! How much are they charging? This must be new as we werent charged when we visited the range before the play on Saturday last year.

Think chrisd means charging for the pro am day not access to the range.

Have been a few times and going again this year. Wife likes the pro am day for the celebs and i like the tuesday to see how the pros perpare for the week. Good course for walking and plenty of vantage points to view different groups/holes.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think chrisd means charging for the pro am day not access to the range.

Have been a few times and going again this year. Wife likes the pro am day for the celebs and i like the tuesday to see how the pros perpare for the week. Good course for walking and plenty of vantage points to view different groups/holes.

Ah, yes, that would make sense!

Wilf

Club Champion
Visit site
I went with my lad to the practice day and the Saturday. We got more out of the practice day as it was quieter and as mentioned before the pro's spend quite a bit of time in and around the greens hitting a variety of shots. It's quite interesting seeing and listening to the pros on how and why they adapt and manipulate different shots in discussions with Caddies.

We even spent 15 minutes watching Radar working on one of his hole reviews, tee to green discussing what clubs would be taken to where and why etc

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to this. Me and the old man are going on Saturday, always an enjoyable day out. Apparently you can now take piccies on your phone as long as there is no flash and the shutter sound is on silent.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to this week. Heading down tomorrow, got season tickets for the week and have won hospitality for the Saturday, never been to hospitality before so that's a new experience for us.

Weather looks good for the week, and I like Wentworth as a course, good viewing spots and easy to get around. One of my favorite weeks of the year.

D

Deleted member 23344

My wife and I have been for one of the days for the last three years (a Thursday, a Friday and a Sunday). A great day out ... recommended ... especially if you have a BMW and get free parking and entry to the BMW hospitality. Sadly, not going this year. Last year I forgot where I parked and had to search for my BMW in a car park of several thousand beamers!

17b15ad8-9a9a-477a-9a39-01e2b3bc564b

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to this week. Heading down tomorrow, got season tickets for the week and have won hospitality for the Saturday, never been to hospitality before so that's a new experience for us.

I had hospitality at the British Masters last year. I can split the people who use it into 2 groups.

One : never leaves the building around the 18th green. You see approach shots and putting on one hole, whooooo

Two : go out onto the course, see it all. When your legs get tired go back to the hospitality, sit down have a drink and a bite to eat. When your batteries are re-charged back out you go.

I was in the latter group, muppets were in the first, or non golfers of course. They seem to use the same structure at all of the European tour events so not doubt it will be the same.
You can get a light breakfast, elevensies, lunch, afternoon tea (all free of course). Brilliantly organised, it is an nice oasis to rest up and take a break.

For the Masters the scoring hut was by the entrance to the hospitality so you got to see a lot of players after their round. They would hang around waiting for a buggy to then whisk them away and most were open to signing things, having pictures taken etc, if that floats your boat.

Last edited:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had hospitality at the British Masters last year. I can split the people who use it into 2 groups.

One : never leaves the building around the 18th green. You see approach shots and putting on one hole, whooooo

Two : go out onto the course, see it all. When your legs get tired go back to the hospitality, sit down have a drink and a bite to eat. When your batteries are re-charged back out you go.

I was in the latter group, muppets were in the first, or non golfers of course. They seem to use the same structure at all of the European tour events so not doubt it will be the same.
You can get a light breakfast, elevensies, lunch, afternoon tea (all free of course). Brilliantly organised, it is an nice oasis to rest up and take a break.

For the Masters the scoring hut was by the entrance to the hospitality so you got to see a lot of players after their round. They would hang around waiting for a buggy to then whisk them away and most were open to signing things, having pictures taken etc, if that floats your boat.

Thanks great info. Yeah we're likely to be in the second group like yourself. I like a freebie so I will defo get the food etc while I can, but I'm not one for sitting at one hole and seeing the same shots, unless its the Sunday afternoon at the 18th.

Can I ask what the dress code was like when you went? If its hot I'm likely to be in shorts etc, and wasn't sure if it would be a smart casual type thing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks great info. Yeah we're likely to be in the second group like yourself. I like a freebie so I will defo get the food etc while I can, but I'm not one for sitting at one hole and seeing the same shots, unless its the Sunday afternoon at the 18th.

Can I ask what the dress code was like when you went? If its hot I'm likely to be in shorts etc, and wasn't sure if it would be a smart casual type thing.

Nothing that I remember. If you are in golf type gear you will be fine. It was belting it down when I was there so I was in full waterproofs and walking boots. That was standard for most but I also saw some jeans in there. The only people in in smart gear were those actually entertaining clients. For the others it was golf casual. Golf shoes are standard as well in there. They didn't flicker at my muddy walking boots, ultra tough carpet!

As it is due to be nice, I would go in golf shorts, not cargo shorts, golf polo not t-shirt and I would not see an issue. I'm sure that is kind of what you would wear anyway to a golf event, it makes sense. They are not looking to trip you up, it is not the main clubhouse it is a golf specific mobile structure, so unless you really wore some daft clothes you will be fine.

Last edited:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing that I remember. If you are in golf type gear you will be fine. It was belting it down when I was there so I was in full waterproofs and walking boots. That was standard for most but I also saw some jeans in there. The only people in in smart gear were those actually entertaining clients. For the others it was golf casual. Golf shoes are standard as well in there. They didn't flicker at my muddy walking boots, ultra tough carpet!

As it is due to be nice, I would go in golf shorts, not cargo shorts, golf polo not t-shirt and I would not see an issue. I'm sure that is kind of what you would wear anyway to a golf event, it makes sense. They are not looking to trip you up, it is not the main clubhouse it is a golf specific mobile structure, so unless you really wore some daft clothes you will be fine.

Grand, yeah I'd normally where a golf polo and some golf shorts just to be comfortable in the heat. The wife's looking forward to it as its something new to see at the golf and a chance to maybe get away from the golf for a bit as well and get some nice food.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Grand, yeah I'd normally where a golf polo and some golf shorts just to be comfortable in the heat. The wife's looking forward to it as its something new to see at the golf and a chance to maybe get away from the golf for a bit as well and get some nice food.

It's a nice way to do it. Mine was a freebie as well, good mate knows someone senior in Sky so that was nice, but I really did appreciate it. It is relaxed but very civilised. For me it was a good escape from the rain, a chance to rest. For you it may be a break from the sun, a good chance to rest :D. I'm sure your wife will enjoy the escape from the golf in a nice way, and the food was all very enjoyable. Post up afterwards what you though of it

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a nice way to do it. Mine was a freebie as well, good mate knows someone senior in Sky so that was nice, but I really did appreciate it. It is relaxed but very civilised. For me it was a good escape from the rain, a chance to rest. For you it may be a break from the sun, a good chance to rest :D. I'm sure your wife will enjoy the escape from the golf in a nice way, and the food was all very enjoyable. Post up afterwards what you though of it

Yeah that's what I was think just a nice break in the day. And yeah she likes the golf but a Saturday at the golf is the one she dislikes the most as to her not much is happening compared to the other days, such as making the cut and someone winning. She just doesn't get the moving day vibe of a Saturday. And yeah I will do.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had the option to go down on corporate day, all paid for, travel, accommodation, reserved area around the 18th, breakfast, lunch including matched wines, free bar, but couldn't make it, to much on at work and not enough time, a little gutted but such is life.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll be going Friday if the weather looks OK.

Also ordered tickets for Sunday and 18th Grandstand passes back in November as we go every year.

I got the entry ticket for Sunday in the post 3 weeks ago but was told the grandstand is apparently an e-ticket, it was a wrist band for past years. Called them 3 times now and they keep saying they haven't allocated them yet.

Anyone else got their grandstand passes yet ?

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m going Saturday and Sunday for the 4th consecutive year... cannot wait. The weather is looking top notch.

Any newbies going get yourself behind the 6th box. It’s a quality viewing point.