Bloody rain!!!!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It's absolutely throwing it down here this morning. Usually, it's the seagulls that wake me up early but it's the sound of the rain cascading out of the gutters that's doing it today....
It's also as black as your hat, and looks like it's proper set in.
Volvo 4BB knockout this afternoon. Was originally booked for yesterday (it was lovely and sunny too) but the boss asked me to change the day a week or so ago as he had a meeting to attend.
Bugger. Don't fancy it one bit.
Can't change the date as it has to be played by 4th July and my partner is on holiday from Saturday onwards...

Bobmysterkaymer

Head Pro
Visit site
The forecast for the next 5 days looks bad! It's supposed to be the regional qualifying on Monday too! Let's hope it s only light with sunny intervals! Stupid weather!

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well pee'd off!! Travelled all the way down to Wiltshire this morning for my FedEx challenge game at Castle Coomb.......(top 4 qualify for the UK/Ireland final at Birkdale, then winner at Birkdale goes on to play in the Global final at Pebble Beach...)....hoping there's fewer bandits than in the trilby Tour, Volvo & HDID competitions but somehow doubt it.....even tried to get my handicap down yesterday but only succeeded in a 0.1 increase thanks to a double, treble & quadruple to finish just outside the buffer..........

This going to be my 15th round today out of my record breaking 18 and a half rounds in 16 day tour!!......Wildwood tomorrow in the Virgineers Charity day....looking forward to that as on my itinery it says......."10:00 am meet the Virgin girls by the putting green"!!!.... :thup:...... gotta love Richard Branson....he really knows how to look after his guests......:whoo:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would rather be playing golf in the rain than working in it!!!!

Have to admit its looking absolutely pants for the next few days, sort of glad I am injured and no golf planned.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its our Ping 4 BB qualifier today, I am playing at 10, I am currently looking hopefully out of the window and hoping the rain stays off as I know some of my partners this morning will cry off if it starts chucking it down.
So far so good.

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not raining here at the moment but it's already planning on moving in ready for our match tonight so conditions are similar to those we played in last Thursday evening just with a little less wind!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well, seems most of my clients are taking one look at the weather and throwing a sickie...
If it stops raining I may go out for a paddle..

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Doesn't East Sussex get pretty good weather, occasional downpour can't be bad, try living in tropical Scotland where it can rain even on a dry forecast day

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We got away with it yesterday afternoon. Got to the course about 3.00pm, the rain threatened but held off until about 10 minutes before we were due on the tee. Waterproofs on, played the first tee shot in steady drizzle but by the time we went to putt out it had stopped. Sun then came out and it was bloody boiling!
Wind dropped completely and it was off with the waterproofs and sweaters, shirt sleeve order. Stayed like this up until the 14th or 15th hole and then the wind got up again.
Shook hands on the 18th, clubs in the car, wandered into the bar for a drink and it proceeded to hose it down.
We struck lucky