Bloody heel!

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can anyone of you experts give me some advice. im striking the ball out of the heel a lot. I've tried standing further away but it feels like I'm stretching for the ball too much. I've tried lining the ball more off the toe but still nothing. 

Can some please help a struggling golfer?

I've got some pics of a couple of iron stickers but I don't know how to upload them

Yerman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another way is to stand closer, paradoxically forcing your self to compensate the other way, also don't think of the club hitting the ball but concentrate on the swing path of the shaft inside the ball.

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well Ive just returned from the range after trying both bits of advice and still striking the ball towards the heel of my irons.

Head well and truly done in now! :(

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
looks like a custom fit be your answer to clear this up. I hit alot of mine closer to the heel and after a custom fit it looks like i need 1.5 deg flat.

Looks like your getting a good hit but they are likely going left of target.

I would say but the look of your pic you need 2deg at least.

something like these would fit the bill for you club wise after your custom fit..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Callaway-X-tour-ir...=item4cf5a8711a

most pro/shops will do it a fitting for free.. but even they do charge its only a small fee. But i think if you get a custom fit i bet your setup needed is not far off the above.